Live TV - no channels
Hello,

I am very new to Kodi. I installed Live TV on XBMC but I do not have any TV or radio channels. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong here?

Thanks!

-cinque8
You did nothing wrong. You need to read the wiki section on PVR.

To get channels you also need a some kind of server with the appropriate hardware and software running.

Though I wonder how did you install LiveTV? What options were you given for that?
do you have a back-end running? Have you enabled that back-end's plug in in Kodi, have you configured it with the correct IP settings for your back-end?!
And please take care of not talking to some addons which came from superrepo or xbmchub or something. Those addons are illegal and not allowed to discuss in this forum.

If you are talking about "real" life tv (sat or cable) then (as haverer asked already) it is necessary to setup a backend server with xbmc/kodi as frontend.
Thanks for al of the replies. I installed LiveTV by watching a video on Youtube. I thought I followed all of the instructions that were given.Where would I find the wiki section on PVR?

Thanks for all of the replies!
Here is the official xbmc actually now Kodi wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page

You can find this from the main xbmc/kodi main page.

Personally I do find it a little hard to navigate, however I am not surprised! A Load of work going on by team kodi. And from what I can see 1 guy trying to keep it all together!

This:

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

should give you something if you are after an honest back-end
Would you please provide a link to the youtube video you have seen?

Just for interest.
Rainbow 
(2014-11-17, 01:58)David1977 Wrote: Would you please provide a link to the youtube video you have seen?

Just for interest.

I think you already know the answer, in a vague way David1977 Confused
Sounds like what you may have installed is the IPTV Simple Client Add-on, support for that is at http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215

If this is what you have then you need to very careful on what you're requesting help with. IP web streams from a broadcaster or IP streams from legal receiving equipment are supported, however there are many illegal services offering pirate streams of live TV channels and these are not supported on this forum.
I've also had major issues, I installed Kodi 14 and had the previous version 13.2 Xbmc. Both were working fine for a few days. The channels, epg and logos would load up without any issues. Now I've tried Iptv client two which was working a day before but no longer connects.

The Pvr doesn't load up at all with both Iptv clients makes not attempt to connect to server. It's doesn't make a difference which one use. If I try another pre installed pvr client the response is connection lost. But I don't get that at all with Iptv clients. I think there is an issue with the software for Android. My Xperia Z3 was working fine with either of the two clients, I think since these Updates it may have affected the android platform. Please can anyone verify if they had the same problem specifically when using an android phone.
The PVR/Live TV features are not for internet streams. The fact that they can use internet streams is just a nice side effect of the people who made the IPTV PVR add-on, which was just based on a demo add-on.

If you want to set it up then you have to go out there, read up on how it works, and figure it out. It's an advanced feature. There is no easy answer. There is no one-button setup. And finally, no, it is not so you can go and watch pirate/bootleg free TV.
So many posts, so little information...

1) No logs

2) Not even a mention of which addon is referred to (until later)

3) No explanation as to what "no longer connects" mean. Does it mean the addon doesn't start or that the random URL pointing to a playlist stopped working (epic surprise there)?

People please, if you expect to get some help, at least explain properly what the problem is.
And can someone move this to the IPTV client subforum? I don't have moderator rights in this section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV - no channels0