Bug Music database export issues (Musicbrainz)
I've found another issue with using MBID's in tags, specifically when there are multiple artists as the album artist.

For example, the album 2pac & Outlawz - Still I Rise causes issues when exporting the music database.

Since there are 2 different MBID's as the artist, only the last MBID is written as "artist.nfo" (maybe the 2pac info does get written, but gets overwritten?) as well as the associated artwork (if exporting as separate files). I have my file setup as:
Artist ->
------------>Album
----------------> Songs

So if you have to import your library again, you will only get the last MBID artist name for both artists (Outlawz in my example). What's even more bizarre is the artist picture becomes 2pac for both artists after re-importation.

Any idea's?
I don't think that is a musicbrainz issue per se, it really is a problem with separate file export, and the way it is done for artists. I think the real solution is to get rid of the "artist.nfo" and instead use "artist_name.nfo" so that there could be multiple nfos in a single folder, for the case of multiple album artists. Of course then you also have the problem of local artist thumbs and fanart. Or allow for export of album or artist only, as in my case when I do an export to separate files I only save the album.nfo and delete all the artist.nfo, instead use single file export and edit out all the albums.

scott s.
yeah, i was thinking about that while i made the post yesterday. i think we can both agree that the music area needs some more fine tuning..

i would love to be able to pull up the contextual menu (in both the video and music library) and choose to export only the currently viewed selection... so if everything looks good you can export only that particular album/artist/movie etc.

back to my original post, i would be in favor kodi creating a new artist folder (even if i didn't have any albums by that artist, only features on tracks of other artists), then exporting an artist.nfo to that newly created folder. but, i know that would probably wouldn't sit right with most users

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music database export issues (Musicbrainz)0