How to change fast forward/backward speed rate?
Question 
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to change the fast forward/backward buttons speed rate in xbmc. Right now, on the videos where it does work it fast forwards/backwards a couple of minutes when I'm used to having it jump back ten seconds or so. Is this possible?
It's all in the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_time_seeking
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2014-11-19, 04:01)bossanova808 Wrote: It's all in the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_time_seeking

there's nothing on that wiki page... Huh

UPDATE: now it appeared. Don't know why it first didn't show anything.
(2014-11-19, 04:01)bossanova808 Wrote: It's all in the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_time_seeking

Changing the timeseekforwardbig setting to 10s doesn't seem to be changing the ← and → speed (the one that works when the video info overlay disappears from the video playing screen) it still is 30s. I even put all the settings as positive numbers in order to see if the preferences were being read but they are not. Besides creating the advancedsettings.xml file, is there something else that needs to be done in order for xbmc to be able to read the settings there?
Restart xbmc and make sure you have it right - you should see it being loaded at the top (ish) of a debug log if so

timeseekforwardbig, though, is normally a 10 minute jump (operated with up/down arrows) - while the left/right arrows so the smallerseek, and then you also have a small step back of 7 seconds that is usually mapped to the back key IIRC
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
In addition to all that has been said.

You do know that you press up/down arrows (remote) during playback you get one amount of time back/forth and that left/right arrows (remote) give you another result right?

So the advancedsettings.xml values are a finetune of the above results.

If you pastebin your complete advancedsettings.xml we can have a look and see if you missed anything like tags or made some typo.
(2014-11-19, 15:56)uNiversal Wrote: In addition to all that has been said.

You do know that you press up/down arrows (remote) during playback you get one amount of time back/forth and that left/right arrows (remote) give you another result right?

So the advancedsettings.xml values are a finetune of the above results.

If you pastebin your complete advancedsettings.xml we can have a look and see if you missed anything like tags or made some typo.

Yes, thank you I was able to affect the settings now. Apparently an online service I used to indent the advancedsettings.xml xml introduced some characters that screwed the whole thing up.
Best bet is use notepad++ or some common text editor in Linux or something.

Glad you sorted anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change fast forward/backward speed rate?0