DVD ISO files still kill kodi on beta 3
confirmed the crash - i hope i find the cause before helix release ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-24, 20:00)Memphiz Wrote: confirmed the crash - i hope i find the cause before helix release ...

Nice one, let me know if your want me to test anything.
please try this testbuild and report back:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...h2-ios.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-11-25, 22:28)Memphiz Wrote: please try this testbuild and report back:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...h2-ios.deb

Sorry for the slow response.

Ok, so that's very nearly fixed.

On first launch, it performs perfectly when just clicking on the DVD ISO. Unfortunately, if I then select stop, and then click on the same or any other DVD ISO, Kodi then dies as before.
Please try latest nightly and report back once again.
Before I do that, let me give you an update:

I just cleaned a bit more space on my iPad 2 (16 GB) - using iCleaner Pro and deleting retina images freed over a GB of space. Anyway, before my iPad 2 on iOS 8.1 was as bad as my wife's iPhone 4 had been when we mistakenly upgraded it to iOS 7 - i.e. mostly unusable (thanks for the free update Apple! what do you mean we can't downgrade?! grrrr). I had about 550 MB free. But now I have 1.9 GB "free" (let's not pretend it's free now, it looks like I'm not going to be able to use it for fear of my iPad becoming unusable again) and the iPad runs SO MUCH BETTER.

So what's this got to do with anything? Well, after that I no longer have the issue with the "second attempt" killing Kodi. I can't actually break Kodi now! :-)

What it also means though, is that you possibly have a memory leak, and that after playing once, not all memory is freed and in my case the lack of memory WAS causing Kodi to die on next play attempt. I can't verify if that's fixed now though, for the reason already stated. :-(

Edit: Okay, scrap that. I killed it after about 5 play/stop/plays - Even more likely points to a memory leak then. Trying the new build now...

Edit 2: That's not good. The latest nightly (kodi-20141126-488627a-master-ios.deb) dies every time (one time it actually dies before I even got to the correct folder). Are you sure it contains the fix?

Edit 3: With that latest nightly, it will even die on second play using the "Browse Into" method.
1. Memory (RAM) has nothing to do with the free space on your flash. MemoryLeak always means RAM
2. Latest nightly doesn't contain my fix but a revert of a change which initially lead to the problem
3. With the testbuild above i at least played a DVD through completely - i didn't try to start the iso multiple times though

4. will have to do more tests on my own - problem is that the time is more then against me here (i already dedicate way to much time to kodi atm and am loosing some important focus on real live - now that christmas is coming Wink ). Also we are not far away to the Helix release. It might be that it will be released with this problem on board.
further question - which vfs type did you use for your tests - nfs or smb?
started and stopped my iso for 5 times now with nfs (with and without menu) - no issues so far for me.
Did the same with samba and really palyed for a couple of hours with this iso - not problems for me. It is an 8gb straight rip from a dvd. Not sure if other addons are involved here - please disable any service addons you might have enabled.
(2014-11-27, 17:18)Memphiz Wrote: 1. Memory (RAM) has nothing to do with the free space on your flash. MemoryLeak always means RAM
That was my understanding. Hence my long winded post. With around 500 GB of storage remaining, iOS 8 could barely run, with a couple of GB remaining, it runs fine. So what's going on there? RAM paging to flash as virtual memory? If so, any memory leak will cause problems sooner on a system with no storage left for virtual RAM
(2014-11-27, 17:18)Memphiz Wrote: 2. Latest nightly doesn't contain my fix but a revert of a change which initially lead to the problem
Ok, well I reinstalled that test build, and it is better, but still will die after a few plays.
Another thing, even though I'm browsing "files", a two disc dvd set appears to get grouped into a single file, so I need to "Browse Into" once to get to Disc 1, Disc 2, then "Browse Into" Disc 1 to find VIDEO_TS. These 2-disc files appear to kill Kodi more than the 1-Disc DVDs.

(2014-11-27, 17:35)Memphiz Wrote: further question - which vfs type did you use for your tests - nfs or smb?

NFS.

I'd earlier tried both NFS and SMB but didn't detect any difference.

(2014-11-27, 22:14)Memphiz Wrote: Did the same with samba and really palyed for a couple of hours with this iso - not problems for me. It is an 8gb straight rip from a dvd. Not sure if other addons are involved here - please disable any service addons you might have enabled.
I only have it running as per default install. Does the log I posted show anything running that I need to disable?
Nah - well i have no clue how i Could do anything about that Problem as it simply doesn't Show anymore on my devices Sad
Would the .ips files in the CrashReporter folder be of any help?

Just confirm, it's now hit and miss as to whether clicking an ISO will play it or crash Kodi, though it will rarely play more than one in a row. Once playing, it will continue fine.

If I "Browse Into" and click the VIDEO_TS, it will always play fine.
i have no clue what an ips file is ... but please post a debug log (wiki) and the resulting crashreporter file (both need to match please).
All fixed after update to iOS 8.1.1, re-jailbreak with Taig and re-install.

FYI Kodi wouldn't show up on springboard until I installed xbmc from repo in Cydia first, then installed using the Deb in iFile. I then had both, so I removed xbmc.

Super faster performance now. Sometimes, clicking on a DVD and the DVD menu seems to appear instantly!

BTW the ips is what CrashReporter now uses instead of plist files (as referred to in the Kodi wiki), but I won't bother sending you the 31 I collected now. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD ISO files still kill kodi on beta 30