Linux power off and reboot menu items are gone since beta3
Hi folks,

since beta3 the [power off system] and [reboot] options are gone. Only [exit] is available. Kodi built from git on 14-11-09 works fine.

Of course I configured PolicyKit according to the wiki. (I am using Debian, but the Ubuntu settings should work.)

Can anybody reproduce? Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.
Harri
Known, try that:
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesk​top.udisks.*;org.freedesktop.login1.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

See the last one especially.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thats better. The shutdown and reboot and some others are back. reboot worked.

Thanx very much.
Cool, please edit the thread's title and set it to "Solved: old title".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It worked very well, but with RC1 the suspend and hibernate options are gone again.
RC1 uses the old upower method again. Check the above polkit file, please.
Huh
The "above polkit file" is still in place. Since RC1 the suspend and hibernate options are gone. If I use the Wiki version of the polkit file, then I just get an exit option.
maybe cause debian doesn't have upower anymore?
Then the test should not tell yes. But this is basically what I told in the PR, we need another test besides what we are testing now.

Most likely complete removal of upower / upower2 will make it work for debian then?
yeah it might. Not sure what the issue is, but the logind PR was a fix for debian testing...
I guess you mean https://bugs.debian.org/767161 ? That was about Gotham, AFAICS. The "pre-RC1" version of Kodi worked fine for me (using Debian Sid and upower 0.99.1). Esp. I am missing the suspend/hibernate options in the current version. The Power Saving --> Shutdown function stays grayed out, too. Verified it using origin/HEAD of today.

Maybe there could be some configure option to choose at build time?

BTW, the Kodi box has shut down after the configured 10 minutes "idle time", even though I was logged in via ssh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
power off and reboot menu items are gone since beta30