• 108(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
(2015-02-24, 04:08)AbRASiON Wrote: PETITION / SUGGESTION / EMPLORE DEVELOPERS TO CONSIDER....

Hi all,

Please consider changing the plot information to the basic synopsis for Aeon Nox Shednox.
See here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144322
Example of what it would look like here (spoilers for the Matrix)
http://i.imgur.com/jJ6yVKG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DopkLrv.jpg

I personally know how to fix this for myself, but average users do not know.
The panel is called the "infopanel" and the fix is here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1431830

Seriously, the full length plot as default is too wordy, too spoilery and you can have basic in the first page, detailed in the second, makes much more sense.

I'm going to try bumping this one last time - CLICK THE LINKS
Consider using plot SUMMARY not FULL plot, there's LESS SPOILERS and it's easier to read and consume at a simple glance.

If you're trying to pick out of hundreds of films, it's great, VERY EASY TO IMPLEMENT TOO.
Nvm
@shedrock : I understand you want to concentrate on your job. I just hope someone else will go on this project because unfortunately, skins based on nox 5 don't have all options from yours. Maybe in the future, someone will make mods (for example, on saga, open boxcase does not exist on other mods, smart playlist manager does not exist either....). You made a good job with the adaptation of this skin. I really thank you for all (and other people who make mods to this skin too Smile)
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

(2015-03-04, 08:50)wilmans2m Wrote: @shedrock : I understand you want to concentrate on your job. I just hope someone else will go on this project because unfortunately, skins based on nox 5 don't have all options from yours. Maybe in the future, someone will make mods (for example, on saga, open boxcase does not exist on other mods, smart playlist manager does not exist either....). You made a good job with the adaptation of this skin. I really thank you for all (and other people who make mods to this skin too Smile)

huh ? did i miss something Huh Shedrock and Brimstone are working their ass off in "backround" to find a final solution for our biggest problem !
problem is right now, that too many small " patched " disturb their work - but they are still on it

The skin is working quite well in the moment, so please be patient and wait a bit with small bug-finds - maybe these bugs will be fixed in the next big update ( not in the next days !!!! )

THX
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
hi could you help i 'keep getting errors installing in android it says mising files please help
Oh yes Schimi2k. Don't misunterstand me. I know it's a hard work to make skin or adapt anything to everybody's wishes. But, as Shedrock said, it might be time to move on another skin using nox 5. As many people, i prefer Shednox under helix for many reason. Mikesilvo made a good job modding nox 5. So for now, i test both.
And all that i want to say, if shedrock wants to concentrate on his job, i understand this and i thank him really much. Maybe Brimstone will continue to work on it (i hope so) but maybe not. That's why i test Nox 5 too.

I am very grateful to all people working on Shednox. By the way, you've done a great job on logo Schimi2k Wink
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

(2015-03-04, 10:39)mystic84 Wrote: hi could you help i 'keep getting errors installing in android it says mising files please help

wow... dont know if android systems needs special files...
when did u get this error ? because normaly u just need to copy the skin folder into the addons folder - no install needed ( no install from zip !!! )
( i will make a 101 soon with infos what u need to do )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-03-04, 10:42)wilmans2m Wrote: Oh yes Schimi2k. Don't misunterstand me. I know it's a hard work to make skin or adapt anything to everybody's wishes. But, as Shedrock said, it might be time to move on another skin using nox 5. As many people, i prefer Shednox under helix for many reason. Mikesilvo made a good job modding nox 5. So for now, i test both.
And all that i want to say, if shedrock wants to concentrate on his job, i understand this and i thank him really much. Maybe Brimstone will continue to work on it (i hope so) but maybe not. That's why i test Nox 5 too.

I am very grateful to all people working on Shednox. By the way, you've done a great job on logo Schimi2k Wink

hehe i just want to say that shedrock is still working on this skin... and they making this skin more future-save right now ! even with much work in private life
I was testing other skins too... but i ALWAYS come back to shednox... its for me the best nox i ever had ! - and its getting better and better and cant thank enough shedrock,brimstone and the rest of the guys who are working on it
Cool

@mystic84, if you are trying to install the skin as 'install from zip file' then I don't think that will work! The skin has never been available to install via zip I believe.

I don't know myself how to get this skin onto Andriod, in my case an Amazon Fire TV, I've sideloaded kodi and everything is fine, just can't install this via zip file and don't know how to copy or push the skin folder over to Andriod, yet! Need to know as I'd like to push my main userdata folder over if possible from my main HTPC setup, that was I don't need to rescan everything and re-build all moviesets and associated images etc.etc. but I don't know if you can pust a Windows OS userdata folder to android / Amazon fire TV. All things I'm looking into to get it setup correctly on my AFTV.

Mike.

Edit: just found http://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre...n-fire-tv/ this has a section on installing kodi skins. I'll try this myself tonight and see how it goes.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-03-04, 00:15)Batiatus Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 23:02)Batiatus Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 15:08)Mike_Doc Wrote: @Batiatus, change your variables.xml, search for ListPosterVar, and the following ListPosterVar1, and change to:

<variable name="ListPosterVar">
<value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.label,..)">DefaultFolderBack.png</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(genres)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/video/icons/,.jpg]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.poster)]</value>
<!-- MAD - next 2 lines for season poster @ episodes level-->
<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>

<value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
</variable>

You'll see the 3 lines I've added starting with <!-- MAD.. I don't think you actually need line 2 as I've just tested without that and it looks ok. So you can either add both or just this line:

<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>

but make sure you place it in the same position and repeat in the following ListPosterVar1 in variables.xml.

Mike.

The bolded has to be added to both poster variables in order to work, but it does. It's interesting, I'll have to play around to see how it "feels".

I still like my season number underneath added though. Might seem redundant but some season posters aren't so easy to "read".

Thanks.

Just a note for people who like this addition. If you have a show with only 1 season you can't have the episodes in the root TV show directory. They need to be in a Season 01 sub-folder or else the season poster will just be blank. This is for things like Band of Brothers or BC Life which won't have a season 2. And any Specials must also be in a "Specials" sub-folder as well. Otherwise, awesome mod.

I just wanted to add that I tried the latest Git and noticed strange behaviour with the season posters showing on some shows but showing up blank for others. I tried manually editing the files as first suggested prior to trying the git and had the same results. I managed to fix it by using

Code:
<value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.label,..)">DefaultFolderBack.png</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(genres)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/video/icons/,.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SeasonPoster))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SeasonPoster)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>

This was borrowed from Phil65's latest Nox skin code, so all credit goes to him. It works fine for me not sure if it has drawbacks or errors but I have yet to encounter them. (I know nothing about skinning).
Well, I guess this line:

<value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SeasonPoster))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SeasonPoster)]</value>

can replace the 2 I created, but I've noticed that while on things like specials you now get a poster,but it is still the wrong poster for me anyway!

Mike.
(2015-03-04, 12:32)Mike_Doc Wrote: Well, I guess this line:

can replace the 2 I created, but I've noticed that while on things like specials you now get a poster,but it is still the wrong poster for me anyway!

Mike.

I do not have many shows with specials included. I managed to find a show with specials in my collection and indeed you are right it does not show the correct poster for it. I tried viewing it in Phil65's skin and it also shows the wrong specials poster. I honestly cannot say if I ever have seen specials posters visible in episode view on any skin. I am just glad there are no more blank posters Blush
think my suggested changes only shows blanks on specials, well for me anyway. Still we have an almost perfect solution either way and that's all we are after in the end.

Thanks for the info Rastan.
whats the name of your special posters ?
should be named like this:
season-specials-poster.jpg

(2015-03-04, 13:05)Mike_Doc Wrote: think my suggested changes only shows blanks on specials, well for me anyway. Still we have an almost perfect solution either way and that's all we are after in the end.

Thanks for the info Rastan.

Unfortunately for me your suggested changes showed blanks on most of my season posters including specials. Not sure why. Thanks for your suggested fixed none the less.

(2015-03-04, 13:13)schimi2k Wrote: whats the name of your special posters ?
should be named like this:
season-specials-poster.jpg

Yes this is how my artwork is labeled. I use artwork downloader which does this automatically for me.
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29