Alpine not working for root, however does work for mobile.
I am working on a friends ATV2, who he had another friend of his Jailbreak. I am having troubles getting into ssh [email protected] and ssh [email protected] (ip address). For some odd reason, the password "alpine" is not working. If I attempt to get into ssh [email protected], or ssh [email protected], the password alpine is easily accepted. The problem with this is that the user mobile does not have root privileges (obviously) and cannot access apt-get. I am baffled as to why alpine works for the user mobile, but not for the user root. Is the only explanation to this that whoever jailbroke the ATV2 in the first place changed the password of root and not the password of mobile? If so, what is the easiest way to reset the ATV2, and re-jailbreak it?
I think I am having the exact same problem! please help!!
The only reason can be that someone changed the root password yeah. For jailbreaking the ATV2 please consult forum.firecore.com - they are developing and supporting the seasonpass jailbreak tool.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpine not working for root, however does work for mobile.0