• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
Hmmmm…

Spoke to soon. Worked at first, tried to merge my old user data folder and now it's playing up again. Delete user data folder and it's still cactus. Not sure what's going on here.

Gonna start fresh (again) and see what happens. Bit of a pain though as I REALLY don't want to have scrape EVERYTHING again. I can handle the settings, but the former is a nightmare.

We shall see…
(2015-02-19, 16:41)12inch Wrote:
Quote:The above screenshots of movie sets require manual install of script.skin.info.service. See this thread or download using this link.

And this was the problem. Installed and now the list views appear.

Out of curiosity, was this always the case? I don't recall having to do this in the past.

Gade, once again, you are a scholar & a gentleman. Many thanks. Smile

Really glad you got it working Smile

The full movie sets support using the script was added in v7.1.0 for Kodi Helix and v6.4.0 for XBMC Gotham, so it was never there in XBMC Frodo. Before, there wqs only limited support for movie sets with icon and list view.
(2015-02-19, 17:19)12inch Wrote: Hmmmm…

Spoke to soon. Worked at first, tried to merge my old user data folder and now it's playing up again. Delete user data folder and it's still cactus. Not sure what's going on here.

Gonna start fresh (again) and see what happens. Bit of a pain though as I REALLY don't want to have scrape EVERYTHING again. I can handle the settings, but the former is a nightmare.

We shall see…

What exactly is not working? Is it working in Confluence?

In one installation of Kodi on Windows, I was able to manually copy the entire userdata folder from XBMC to Kodi. I then manually changed the db files to the correct numbers: MyVideosxx.db, MyMusicxx.db, Addonsxx.db etc. I don't remember doing much else to get it working.
The views list is not working. I only see 2 views, even after installing that script you linked to. I'll have to check in Confluence. TBH, I NEVER spend anytime in that skin. Silly question, but does it have the same views as Rapier?

Also, what are the numbers I need to change for the db files? I'm sure this has nothing to do with my list view issues, but is probably the reason why my categories aren't working. I was just manually changing them all, but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for all your hard work and help.
Could you please let me know exactly what is not working? Can you enter your movie and tv show library?

Maybe posting some screenshots would help Smile

(2015-02-20, 00:03)12inch Wrote: The views list is not working. I only see 2 views, even after installing that script you linked to. I'll have to check in Confluence. TBH, I NEVER spend anytime in that skin. Silly question, but does it have the same views as Rapier?

That sounds strange. Is it only for movie sets or is your entire movie library?

How do you enter movie sets?

Do you have any movie sets added at all to your library (what did you do in Frodo)?

Confluence does not have the same view types as Rapier, and does not have support for script.skin.info.service.

(2015-02-20, 00:03)12inch Wrote: Also, what are the numbers I need to change for the db files? I'm sure this has nothing to do with my list view issues, but is probably the reason why my categories aren't working. I was just manually changing them all, but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears.

If you have followed the installation instructions and used the installer to transfer the userdata from XBMC to Kodi, there should be no need for this. This has nothing to do with library view types.
(2015-02-20, 01:37)Gade Wrote: Could you please let me know exactly what is not working? Can you enter your movie and tv show library?

Yep. I was thinking screenshots would help. Perhaps even a video.

Quote:That sounds strange. Is it only for movie sets or is your entire movie library?

I don't categorise movies by sets... well, at least I don't think I do. Definitely happens in the library view.

Quote:How do you enter movie sets?

Do you have any movie sets added at all to your library (what did you do in Frodo)?

The way my library is set up is via custom categories and sub menus. I hide the default Video views and use my custom categories. So I have one for TV Shows and one for Movies. In my Movies custom categories, I have sub categories containing links to five favourites being Films, Docos (Film), Docos (TV), Stand Up & Tutorials.

Quote:Confluence does not have the same view types as Rapier, and does not have support for script.skin.info.service.

Yep. I figured that one out when testing earlier.

Quote:If you have followed the installation instructions and used the installer to transfer the userdata from XBMC to Kodi, there should be no need for this.

What installer to transfer userdata? I just checked the first post in this thread and I can't see anything pertaining to this.

I'm currently at work, but when I get home tonight, I will endeavour to take some screenshots or possibly upload a video.

Thanks again Gade.
(2015-02-20, 00:03)12inch Wrote: Also, what are the numbers I need to change for the db files? I'm sure this has nothing to do with my list view issues, but is probably the reason why my categories aren't working. I was just manually changing them all, but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears.

You can check the db numbers in your userdata/Database folder.

For Kodi Helix the databases are:

MyMusic48.db
MyVideos90.db

If you wish, you can read about it here.

(2015-02-20, 02:13)12inch Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 01:37)Gade Wrote: Could you please let me know exactly what is not working? Can you enter your movie and tv show library?

Yep. I was thinking screenshots would help. Perhaps even a video.

Cool, I'll be waiting patiently until then Smile

Screenshots or even video will be a great help and much appreciated.

(2015-02-20, 02:13)12inch Wrote:
Quote:That sounds strange. Is it only for movie sets or is your entire movie library?

I don't categorise movies by sets... well, at least I don't think I do. Definitely happens in the library view.

I don't get it.

In your first post you write about missing view types in your movie library. You post the screenshots for movie sets, so I expect that you miss the movie sets views provided together with script.skin.info.service.

But you don't use movie sets?

(2015-02-20, 02:13)12inch Wrote: The way my library is set up is via custom categories and sub menus. I hide the default Video views and use my custom categories. So I have one for TV Shows and one for Movies. In my Movies custom categories, I have sub categories containing links to five favourites being Films, Docos (Film), Docos (TV), Stand Up & Tutorials.

Now I think we're getting somewhere Smile

Did you set your custom categories and submenus using favourites before upgrading to Kodi and Rapier 7.2.0?

I have recently fixed a major bug in the custom categories set using favourites. So you need to set all custom categories and submenus set using favourites once again. You can also use presets for almost anything now.

(2015-02-20, 02:13)12inch Wrote: What installer to transfer userdata? I just checked the first post in this thread and I can't see anything pertaining to this.

Kodi's install manager asks you if you wish to move the userdata from XBMC to Kodi during installation.
(2015-02-22, 00:00)Gade Wrote: You can check the db numbers in your userdata/Database folder.

MyMusic48.db
MyVideos90.db

Thanks. Interestingly, my XBMC has two lots of MyMusic & MyVideo db files, both with different numbers. I don't really know much about this, but know that my XBMC system works, so I'll just leave this as is for now. HEHE...

Quote:Cool, I'll be waiting patiently until then Smile

Screenshots or even video will be a great help and much appreciated.

Holding off on this for the moment as I'm slowly getting to the root of my issues.

Quote:I don't get it.

In your first post you write about missing view types in your movie library. You post the screenshots for movie sets, so I expect that you miss the movie sets views provided together with script.skin.info.service.

But you don't use movie sets?

The screenshots I posted were quoted from an earlier post from someone else at the start of this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, perhaps I have my terminology mixed up, but I thought movie sets were when you grouped sequels etc. into one entry in your library. So. Rocky I, Rocky II, Rocky III etc. Again, I more than likely have misinterpreted the terminology. Apologies.

Quote:Now I think we're getting somewhere Smile

Did you set your custom categories and submenus using favourites before upgrading to Kodi and Rapier 7.2.0?

Yes, I did.

Quote:I have recently fixed a major bug in the custom categories set using favourites. So you need to set all custom categories and submenus set using favourites once again. You can also use presets for almost anything now.

I did try that, but it din't work. More on this later.

Quote:Kodi's install manager asks you if you wish to move the userdata from XBMC to Kodi during installation.

Right, I follow. As far as I can tell, all this is really doing is moving my XBMC folder into the Kodi folder. Nothing else. In fact, I'm not sure I like this as there may be addons and other stuff that isn't compatible. Regardless, from what I can see, all I need to do is manually copy the folder over myself.

OK, so here's where I'm currently at. Last night, I decided to export my current XBMC library to s single XML file. I had never done this before, but read that this is the best way to maintain your fanart etc. and library viewed status when migrating versions. After doing this, I started up a fresh/default version of Kodi, installed Rapier and the script add on for the necessary file views, then imported my video library. Bingo! Everything worked and I was back to where I was.

This time round, I decided not to use custom categories and instead, modify the submenus of Movie categories to mirror how I had it before. Again, success!! I have all the views as I did before and everything was looking and working as it was in XBMC, although from what I can see, a fair bit faster. Smile

Now, here's where I run into my new problem. Perhaps I should have mentioned this before, but I currently run a MySQL database as I have a Mac Mini in my lounge room with four ext drives attached and share/mirror my XBMC setup to another Mac Mini in my bedroom. This works flawlessly, even though it was a bit of work setting up MySQL as I had never used it before in the past. So, I figured all I had to do was copy my advancedsettings.xml from my old XBMC folder to my Kodi folder and I should be back in business. Nope. When I start Kodi, the TV and Movie categories are not there on my home screen. Quit Kodi, removed the advancedsettings.xml file, reboot Kodi and all back to normal. Hmmmm....

Let it go as I was tired and had a look at it this morning. Did some reading and apparently, I have to import the library I exported from XBMC AFTER I setup the advancedsettings.xml. OK, so I thought this would solve my issue. Started Kodi fresh again, copied advancedsettings.xml into folder, installed Rapier etc. but when I try to import the library, nothing happens. Quit Kodi, remove advancedsettings.xml, launch Kodi, go to import library, import starts to work as it should.

Soooo... after all that, it seems I am making progress and can get all the views working etc. but the issue appears to be this MySQL business. I know this isn't really your concern, but I am open to any suggestions, especially if you yourself use MySQL to sync your libraries.

Obviously, I can get it all working, but I need to be able to share/sync the library between my two systems. Any and old help/suggestions would be very gladly welcomed.

Again, many thanks for assisting me with these issues. You've been a great help. I wish software support from some of the companies I buy software from was this supportive!! Smile
First to give you guys KUDOS for making such an Awesome Skin for Such an Awesome Software. I LOVE IT . Thanks for your all hard work.

Next Question Smile I updated xbmc to Kodi - and have Rapier Skin on it. but Keyboard is Blank, I search and found that it was issue with Skin.

I changed skin to conflunce, and keyboard is back fine. Change skin back to rapier or Axion and keyboard is blank.

I checked under add on and it shows that i have Rapier 7.2 skin installed and update button is grey out.

Wondering if someone fix this issue yet - and what the fix it.

I love the Rapier skin too much to switch to conflunce - Sad - it has all my setting for 3D and wall etc.

Any help is appretiated.

Thanks
Probably a silly question... Can you get a play disc option on the home page?

Thanks,

crabby
(2015-02-23, 03:12)12inch Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 00:00)Gade Wrote: You can check the db numbers in your userdata/Database folder.

MyMusic48.db
MyVideos90.db

Thanks. Interestingly, my XBMC has two lots of MyMusic & MyVideo db files, both with different numbers. I don't really know much about this, but know that my XBMC system works, so I'll just leave this as is for now. HEHE...

The ones with the lowest numbers are probably not used.

If your library works, there's no need to do anything. As I wrote earlier, you can check if the databases for your Kodi Helix are MyMusic48.db and MyVideos90.db .

(2015-02-23, 03:12)12inch Wrote: Also, perhaps I have my terminology mixed up, but I thought movie sets were when you grouped sequels etc. into one entry in your library. So. Rocky I, Rocky II, Rocky III etc. Again, I more than likely have misinterpreted the terminology. Apologies.

That's correct.

Movies can be grouped in sets in your regular movie library. But you can also use the specific movie sets library to only view movie sets.

(2015-02-23, 03:12)12inch Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 00:00)Gade Wrote: I have recently fixed a major bug in the custom categories set using favourites. So you need to set all custom categories and submenus set using favourites once again. You can also use presets for almost anything now.

I did try that, but it din't work. More on this later.

If you set both the custom categories and submenus once again, then that's not the issue.

(2015-02-23, 03:12)12inch Wrote: OK, so here's where I'm currently at. Last night, I decided to export my current XBMC library to s single XML file. I had never done this before, but read that this is the best way to maintain your fanart etc. and library viewed status when migrating versions. After doing this, I started up a fresh/default version of Kodi, installed Rapier and the script add on for the necessary file views, then imported my video library. Bingo! Everything worked and I was back to where I was.

This time round, I decided not to use custom categories and instead, modify the submenus of Movie categories to mirror how I had it before. Again, success!! I have all the views as I did before and everything was looking and working as it was in XBMC, although from what I can see, a fair bit faster. Smile

Now, here's where I run into my new problem. Perhaps I should have mentioned this before, but I currently run a MySQL database as I have a Mac Mini in my lounge room with four ext drives attached and share/mirror my XBMC setup to another Mac Mini in my bedroom. This works flawlessly, even though it was a bit of work setting up MySQL as I had never used it before in the past. So, I figured all I had to do was copy my advancedsettings.xml from my old XBMC folder to my Kodi folder and I should be back in business. Nope. When I start Kodi, the TV and Movie categories are not there on my home screen. Quit Kodi, removed the advancedsettings.xml file, reboot Kodi and all back to normal. Hmmmm....

Let it go as I was tired and had a look at it this morning. Did some reading and apparently, I have to import the library I exported from XBMC AFTER I setup the advancedsettings.xml. OK, so I thought this would solve my issue. Started Kodi fresh again, copied advancedsettings.xml into folder, installed Rapier etc. but when I try to import the library, nothing happens. Quit Kodi, remove advancedsettings.xml, launch Kodi, go to import library, import starts to work as it should.

Soooo... after all that, it seems I am making progress and can get all the views working etc. but the issue appears to be this MySQL business. I know this isn't really your concern, but I am open to any suggestions, especially if you yourself use MySQL to sync your libraries.

Obviously, I can get it all working, but I need to be able to share/sync the library between my two systems. Any and old help/suggestions would be very gladly welcomed.

Again, many thanks for assisting me with these issues. You've been a great help. I wish software support from some of the companies I buy software from was this supportive!! Smile

I have absolutely zero experience with MySQL, and I definately think it's a MySQL problem.

Maybe you should ask around in the forums to get some proper help to your databases?
(2015-02-23, 18:41)mrasimonline Wrote: First to give you guys KUDOS for making such an Awesome Skin for Such an Awesome Software. I LOVE IT . Thanks for your all hard work.

Next Question Smile I updated xbmc to Kodi - and have Rapier Skin on it. but Keyboard is Blank, I search and found that it was issue with Skin.

I changed skin to conflunce, and keyboard is back fine. Change skin back to rapier or Axion and keyboard is blank.

I checked under add on and it shows that i have Rapier 7.2 skin installed and update button is grey out.

Wondering if someone fix this issue yet - and what the fix it.

I love the Rapier skin too much to switch to conflunce - Sad - it has all my setting for 3D and wall etc.

Any help is appretiated.

Thanks

Hi mrasimonline and welcome to the forums Smile

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. Scarfa is the original creator of Rapier, and I'm maintaining/updating it since XBMC Frodo.

The keyboard is properly updated to Kodi Helix and works on all systems.

I suggest you try to force refresh the Kodi add-on repository (context menu in the add-on manager), wait until it finishes and check again.

Kodi has more keyboard support. Go to System -> Appearance -> International -> Keyboard layouts to select the proper keyboard for your language.

Could you please post a screenshot of the keyboard in Confluence and the keyboard in Rapier?
(2015-02-24, 21:53)crabby09 Wrote: Probably a silly question... Can you get a play disc option on the home page?

Thanks,

crabby

Hi crabby09.

When you insert a disc, you will see a notification in the top bar. When you click it, the disc will start playing.

Also, the shutdown menu (pressing "S" or clicking the Power category) will get a "Play Disc" button.

You can either create a custom category or submenu with the play disc action. When you do this in the skin settings, select preset as button type. To find the play disc function in the presets dialog, go to System -> Play disc.
(2015-02-24, 22:54)Gade Wrote: I have absolutely zero experience with MySQL, and I definately think it's a MySQL problem.

Yeah, I'm positive it's a MySQL issue.

Quote:Maybe you should ask around in the forums to get some proper help to your databases?

NP. Thought I'd ask.

Will definitely ask around. I'm sure someone will help me get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again Gade.
Hi,

I've set the Global Background images to use Multiple Images, however I am finding the slideshow runs too quickly....it changes the background every 10 or so seconds (I think).

Which config file and setting do I need to edit?...ideally I'd like to set it to 1 hr or so. Or it would be a nice addition to set it as a configurable option in the GUI

Also, is it possible to set the Artist Slideshow to autostart when the Music is playing?

Love the skin, great work!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2