• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-02-25, 13:36)ChickenLicken Wrote: Hi,

I've set the Global Background images to use Multiple Images, however I am finding the slideshow runs too quickly....it changes the background every 10 or so seconds (I think).

Which config file and setting do I need to edit?...ideally I'd like to set it to 1 hr or so. Or it would be a nice addition to set it as a configurable option in the GUI

Hi ChickenLicken.

That's actually not a bad idea.

I have added the feature, and it will be available in Skin Settings -> Backgrounds and Add-ons from the next update. The value is entered in seconds.

Could you please test out that everything works out as it should by installing this update manually? When you change the value, it will probably display one image with the old value, before it uses the new value.

(2015-02-25, 13:36)ChickenLicken Wrote: Also, is it possible to set the Artist Slideshow to autostart when the Music is playing?

If you have enabled the setting in Skin Settings -> Media -> Fanart Slideshow, the script will be enabled by default. Sometimes it takes a while before images are downloaded. You can add more sources in the artist slideshow add-on settings.
(2015-02-25, 17:41)Gade Wrote: I have added the feature, and it will be available in Skin Settings -> Backgrounds and Add-ons from the next update. The value is entered in seconds.

Could you please test out that everything works out as it should by installing this update manually? When you change the value, it will probably display one image with the old value, before it uses the new value.

Hi Gade,

I have installed your update manually.

When I go to Skin Settings -> Backgrounds , I can see in the "Fanart Backgrounds" section there is a new line "Fanart Refresh interval" setting that is set to 8 seconds. Is this the setting I need to edit? Unfortunately I am unable to edit this section. I have installed the Grab Fanart addon, but it hasn't helped.

I also get the same result when I try to access this via Skin Settings - Addons, the "Fanart Background" section is greyed out

I am sure I am doing something silly.

Thanks for Artist Slideshow tip!
Hi ChickenLicken.

Ah sorry, I thought you used the fanart backgrounds - now I can see you use multiple images. My bad Smile

EDIT: I'm afraid it's not possible to add the same function to the multiple image backgrounds, as I did to the fanart background images.

I could maybe add 3 or 4 values (5 / 10 / 30 / 60 seconds) to choose between, but that might confuse other users.
(2015-02-26, 10:08)Gade Wrote: Hi ChickenLicken.

EDIT: I'm afraid it's not possible to add the same function to the multiple image backgrounds, as I did to the fanart background images.

I could maybe add 3 or 4 values (5 / 10 / 30 / 60 seconds) to choose between, but that might confuse other users.

that's cool, i'm not really fussed about the gui option....do you know the setting where i can modify it in the config file directly?

thanks for the effort!
(2015-02-28, 01:22)ChickenLicken Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 10:08)Gade Wrote: Hi ChickenLicken.

that's cool, i'm not really fussed about the gui option....do you know the setting where i can modify it in the config file directly?

thanks for the effort!

Sure, you bet.

You need to edit includes_Backgrounds.xml - and the values are entered in milliseconds.

For the weather category: edit line 34
For the music category: edit line 102
For the videos category: edit line 123
For the movies category: edit line 145
For the tv shows category: edit line 167
For the programs category: edit line 187
For the pictures category: edit line 206
For the system category: edit line 223
For the pvr category: edit line 242

Remember that if you edit the xml's, your changes are overwritten next time the skin is updated.
(2015-02-25, 10:54)12inch Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 22:54)Gade Wrote: I have absolutely zero experience with MySQL, and I definately think it's a MySQL problem.

Yeah, I'm positive it's a MySQL issue.

Quote:Maybe you should ask around in the forums to get some proper help to your databases?

NP. Thought I'd ask.

Will definitely ask around. I'm sure someone will help me get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again Gade.

Hi 12inch.

Maybe this is your problem? That XBMC/Kodi is not allowed to create new databases?
Hi Guys,
i've updated my OpenElec System from version 4.2.1 to 5.0.5 and at the moment i've installed rapier 6.5.0.
The repository doesn't show any updates for the rapier skin. Is there any way to update it manually without lost of data and settings?

THX and greets

Grobi
Hi grobi1209

Do you run Kodi Helix? Rapier 6.5.0 is for XBMC Gotham.

Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons. Bring up the context menu of Kodi Add-on repository and select Force Refresh. Wait for it to finish.

This will update all add-ons and skins to the latest versions.

You can download the latest zip file here and manually install from zip inside Kodi.

You will not lose any data, settings etc. doing any of this Smile
Hi Gade,
thx for your help. I don't know why but my Kodi Add-on repo does not work correctly.
I'll install the zip manually.

Greets
Grobi
Hi Grobi.

Have you tried force refreshing the repo? And also restarting Kodi?

If it doesn't work properly, your add-ons are maybe not up to date.

Cheers
Gade
A new update is available. This update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 7.3.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
7.3.0 (2-March-15)
- Fixed broken fanart for add-ons in pictures, programs, videos and music libraries.
- Bugfixing of library update button in the top options menu bar.
- Added a skin setting in Media -> Videos to play trailers windowed in the movie information window.
- Added items to the presets dialog (music) when creating custom categories or submenus: recently added songs, top 250 songs, top 250 albums, play random song, play random album.
- Added items to the presets dialog (tv shows) when creating custom categories or submenus: play random unwatched episode.
- Added items to the presets dialog (movies) when creating custom categories or submenus: in progress, top 250, unwatched, play random unwatched movie.
- Added items to the presets dialog (music videos) when creating custom categories or submenus: unwatched, play random unwatched music video.
- Added items to the music and movie library options dialog: in progress movies, top 250 movies, top 100 songs, top 100 albums, recently added songs.
- Fixed bug in Live TV submenu.
- Updated support for script.globalsearch to include actor results.
- Added startup screen when loading widgets (mainly PVR channels).
- Added PVR TV / Radio Channels widget (can be disabled in the Skin Settings -> Home -> Info Panel).
- Updated navigation for lyrics dialog and OSD when playing fullscreen music.
- Added banner image as fallback image for the home screen tv shows today widget, if no clear logo is available.
- Added a Skin Setting in Backgrounds to change the fanart background refresh interval to any value (defaults to 8 seconds).
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).

- Added a skin setting in Media -> Videos to play trailers windowed in the movie information window.

- Added PVR TV / Radio Channels widget (can be disabled in the Skin Settings -> Home -> Info Panel).

- Added startup screen when loading widgets (mainly PVR channels).

ENJOY!
Good job!
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Hi Gade!

Just upgraded yesterday to Helix (14.2b1 to hopefully resolve the Win7 crashing issue).

I have a very, very, very small issue with the unwatched indicators in TV Shows. The number is offset slightly to the right with the number being shown half way through the edge of the circle.

I've just got the 7.3 update and its still the same. Its more than likely my end though seeing how its not been mentioned before but it could also be a 14.2 beta issue, if it is then don't worry about it Smile

There also seems to be a small 'glitch' with subfolders and using a folder.jpg in Files view, it shows both the folder icon and the folder.jpg/

Again, very tiny unimportant thing.

(I had this on Gotham but its that unimportant I didn't worry about it, only mention it now while I note the above)

{Screenshot 1 = normal files view, screenshot 2 = Files view entering a subfolder}

watch gallery

Would also like to say, I've recently brought a FireTV for my Father and setup SPMC on it.

While it runs and looks good using Confluence...its bloody brilliant with Rapier Smile No slow downs, glitches or anything untoward.

With the homescreen categories I've been able to setup a 'simple' menu system for things like loading iPlayer and other Android apps and having the TV Guide setup while still having things like rotating fanart backgrounds and widgets etc.

Everything works great with the remote and my Father took to SPMC and the skin like a duck to water Smile He even figured out things like switching between watched and unwatched using the top nav bar on his own, clearly a testament to your skin!

Ill be doing the same when they release the FireTV stick in the UK as well so I can turn my HTPC off a little more!

Seeing what I could do with Kodi has also prompted a friend to grab one as well, especially seeing how smooth and how integrated things are in the skin!

I've always found Rapier to be a perfect balance between being lightweight and smooth but also powerful and good looking. I've been able to use it on a number of devices where 'heavier' skins caused lag and slowdown.

You keep adding these little features that look amazing when in use yet don't bog down or bloat the skin. Amazing...

Many thanks Smile
Just had the update, your commitment and level of support to your users is to be commended! Keep up the good work Angel
(2015-03-03, 05:07)SheHateMe Wrote: Good job!

(2015-03-04, 11:13)blondeshanks Wrote: Just had the update, your commitment and level of support to your users is to be commended! Keep up the good work Angel

Hi guys.

Thanks a bunch for the nice words - I really really appreciate it Smile
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2