• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-05-14, 00:50)Carl314 Wrote: I've not tried intro.movie, but it sounds like it overlaps somewhat with Cinema Experience, which is working for me on Helix. You can configure it to play trailers, intro videos, transitions, intermissions, trivia, MPAA ratings videos, etc. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=87563

I launch it by selecting information for the movie, then selecting Cinema Experience. That's a bit cumbersome, and it would be nice if there were a way to program a button on my Harmony remote to launch CE automatically (e.g. long press on Play button launches CE, short press simply plays the movie without intro).

Cheers, Carl.

Hi Carl.

I don't think Cinema Experience supports intro movies (when Kodi starts up), but I'm not sure as I don't use any of the features myself. Maybe you can clarify this?

Does the button in the movie information window work perfectly? I could add a button as well in the regular library context menu, if that would make things easier.

Have you tried keymapping Cinema Experience to a button on your remote
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience)
? You can either manually edit your keymaps file or use the add-on Keymap Editor.
(2015-05-14, 00:23)Gade Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 21:15)Deezel Wrote: trying to add an intro video from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124124

Not seeing video.. any advice?

Hi Deezel.

Sorry, but Rapier doesn't support script.xbmc.intro.movie.

Have you tried coding it manually into the skin (startup.xml)?
i tried adding
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>
to both the Home.xml and startup.xml with no luck....
Is there any other bits of coding that can help me achieve this?
(2015-05-14, 14:08)Deezel Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 00:23)Gade Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 21:15)Deezel Wrote: trying to add an intro video from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124124

Not seeing video.. any advice?

Hi Deezel.

Sorry, but Rapier doesn't support script.xbmc.intro.movie.

Have you tried coding it manually into the skin (startup.xml)?
i tried adding
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>
to both the Home.xml and startup.xml with no luck....
Is there any other bits of coding that can help me achieve this?

I just tried with no luck. I'm out of ideas, so if someone else have any suggestions on this they are more than welcome.

Maybe the problem lies with the code
Code:
Window.Previous(startup)
in startup.xml?

Also, I recommend placing the mov outside of the skin folder, as it is overwritten with each update.

Remember using a mov and placing/naming it correctly corresponding with the code.
(2015-05-14, 11:48)Gade Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 00:50)Carl314 Wrote: I've not tried intro.movie, but it sounds like it overlaps somewhat with Cinema Experience, which is working for me on Helix. You can configure it to play trailers, intro videos, transitions, intermissions, trivia, MPAA ratings videos, etc. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=87563

I launch it by selecting information for the movie, then selecting Cinema Experience. That's a bit cumbersome, and it would be nice if there were a way to program a button on my Harmony remote to launch CE automatically (e.g. long press on Play button launches CE, short press simply plays the movie without intro).

Cheers, Carl.

Hi Carl.

I don't think Cinema Experience supports intro movies (when Kodi starts up), but I'm not sure as I don't use any of the features myself. Maybe you can clarify this?

Does the button in the movie information window work perfectly? I could add a button as well in the regular library context menu, if that would make things easier.

Have you tried keymapping Cinema Experience to a button on your remote
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience)
? You can either manually edit your keymaps file or use the add-on Keymap Editor.

Gade - you're correct. CE supports intro videos before movies, but not when Kodi itself starts up - I didn't really understand that distinction between the scripts.

I've tried mapping CE to a remote button using both "XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)", as you suggest, as well as "XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])", which seems to be the suggested route in the CE Wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Cinema_Expe...ng_Methods), but to no avail. (I reviewed the CE thread, and even tried adding a movie to the queue first before invoking the script, but that didn't work either).

I can launch CE perfectly from the information screen, but a popup in the context would be even better. (Of course, having a remote button would be best of all, but that's an isue with CE, not with Rapier). I'm just trying to cut out a step or two so the wife can enjoy it more.

Thanks, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-05-17, 22:50)Carl314 Wrote: I've tried mapping CE to a remote button using both "XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)", as you suggest, as well as "XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])", which seems to be the suggested route in the CE Wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Cinema_Expe...ng_Methods), but to no avail. (I reviewed the CE thread, and even tried adding a movie to the queue first before invoking the script, but that didn't work either).

I can launch CE perfectly from the information screen, but a popup in the context would be even better. (Of course, having a remote button would be best of all, but that's an isue with CE, not with Rapier). I'm just trying to cut out a step or two so the wife can enjoy it more.

Thanks, Carl.

Hi Carl.

I can see that the button in the movie information window needs to be updated. This will be included with the next update of Rapier. You are absolutely correct that the proper code is:
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

If you add this code to your keymaps and it doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas for that. Smile

(2015-05-17, 22:50)Carl314 Wrote: I can launch CE perfectly from the information screen, but a popup in the context would be even better. (Of course, having a remote button would be best of all, but that's an isue with CE, not with Rapier). I'm just trying to cut out a step or two so the wife can enjoy it more.

I have added a button in the movie library context menu for Cinema Experience.

I will really appreciate it if you try both the context menu button and the new button in the movie information window out to see if they work correctly. Thanks!

Right now I'm integrating script.extendedinfo, which is a loooot of work, so the next update will not be until a couple of weeks. But for now, you can manually put these two files into your skin.rapier/720p folder to get the CE update.
Gade - thanks for your quick response. I installed your repo, so now Rapier is at 7.3.11. CE works fine from the information screen, although the first time I launched it from there it rebooted Kodi (an issue I had when I first installed Rapier as well, but since it went away, it was no big deal).

I didn't see any option for CE in the context menu, which lists:

Trailer
Queue Item
Resume from xxx
Play from Here
Add to Favorites
Movie Information
Mark as Watched
Manage

If I select "choose" what function play should do in the settings, hitting play results in the following options:

Trailer
Resume from xxx
Start from Beginning
Show Information
More... (which then pulls up the context menu items above).

So I don't see that CE was added to any other menus, unless it requires a different setting change.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Hi Carl.

Cool that you installed the repo.

I didn't push the CE update to the repo, as I'm working on a lot of stuff right now. And pushing the current version, would probably break a lot of things for most people.

You can download the zip from the Dropbox link. Put the 2 xml files in your skin.rapier/720p folder and you will get the CE features. Smile
Gade - I installed the .xml files, and both the context menu and information screen work great for CE, now.

I can't figure out why, but the first several times I tried to launch CE from either the info screen or the context menu it simply restarted Kodi. I even tried rebooting my NUC, but that did nothing.

What cured it was simply playing a movie - any movie. After that, CE worked fine, until I changed the order of CE on the context menu, then I had to play a movie regularly again to stop Kodi from rebooting when launching CE. Now all works fine from context and information menus. Since it's a one-time workaround, and I know it now, no big deal, but it is curious.

Speaking of the order on the context menu, I moved CE on mine so it's between trailer and resume, but is there a way to change the default focus to be on the CE button?

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Gade -

Does Rapier have a preset for Clear Library? Or is there a workaround, some kind of direct path to launch a script/program that will do it?

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
(2015-05-18, 05:45)Carl314 Wrote: Gade - I installed the .xml files, and both the context menu and information screen work great for CE, now.

I can't figure out why, but the first several times I tried to launch CE from either the info screen or the context menu it simply restarted Kodi. I even tried rebooting my NUC, but that did nothing.

What cured it was simply playing a movie - any movie. After that, CE worked fine, until I changed the order of CE on the context menu, then I had to play a movie regularly again to stop Kodi from rebooting when launching CE. Now all works fine from context and information menus. Since it's a one-time workaround, and I know it now, no big deal, but it is curious.

Hi Carl.

Great to hear that it's working and that you got your problem solved Smile I'm afraid I can't help you very much with CE as I don't use it myself.

Thanks for testing it out!

(2015-05-18, 05:45)Carl314 Wrote: Speaking of the order on the context menu, I moved CE on mine so it's between trailer and resume, but is there a way to change the default focus to be on the CE button?

Cheers, Carl.

If you edit DialogContextMenu.xml and change line 3 from
Code:
<defaultcontrol>1000</defaultcontrol>
to
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">2065</defaultcontrol>
and put the CE button on top of the trailer button it should work, although I haven't tested it very much.

(2015-05-18, 06:18)Carl314 Wrote: Gade -

Does Rapier have a preset for Clear Library? Or is there a workaround, some kind of direct path to launch a script/program that will do it?

Cheers, Carl.

Do you mean Clean Library?

Not yet, but I have just added it. It will be available in the next update Smile

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers
Gade
Hi guys.

I have added support for script.extendedinfo including actor / artist / writer / director / movie / tv show / season information etc.

I could really use all possible help testing this out, as it is a pretty big update.

Install my repository to automatically get the update of Rapier.

Thanks!
(2015-05-18, 22:52)Gade Wrote: If you edit DialogContextMenu.xml and change line 3 from
Code:
<defaultcontrol>1000</defaultcontrol>
to
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">2065</defaultcontrol>
and put the CE button on top of the trailer button it should work, although I haven't tested it very much.

Gade - I moved CE to the top, but the context menu seems to default to the last selection used. As an example, if I pull up the context menu on a movie and watch the trailer, when I move to the next movie it still has trailer selected as the default.

In response to your other post, ExtendedInfo seems to be working fine on my system. I'm not sure it's something I'd use (I was not one of the one's clamoring for it), but it is pretty cool to see all of the movies/TV shows, bio/artwork etc on the actors.

One quirk - when selecting a movie that's in the DB, the menu at the top does not reflect CE as an option (back to CE, huh?), but selecting the info screen of the movie directly from the library obviously does show that.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
OK, one question - where do YouTube videos play? I just selected one on Mark Wahlberg from the extended info screen, and could hear it playing, but not see it on the screen.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
(2015-05-19, 03:07)Carl314 Wrote: OK, one question - where do YouTube videos play? I just selected one on Mark Wahlberg from the extended info screen, and could hear it playing, but not see it on the screen.

Cheers, Carl.

Hi Carl.

Do you get back to the regular movie information window when playing a Youtube video from the extended info screen?

Or what exactly happens?

Cheers
Gade
Gade - the youtube video playing was somewhat user error. It was playing in the background, but dimmed under the information overlay. When I hit the INFO button to remove the overlay, I could see the youtube videos clearly.

extendedinfo is pretty cool - hats off to Phil65 for that one.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2