• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
many thanks for your help and advice , ok i have installed your skin and loaded your repo , now when the skin updates will i lose everything i have done so far ?
i have added some movies and looked into the view options and gone for the 3d effect i think it is a s close as i can see to shift case as i was working with aeon nox before but kept on getting script errors ,
how do i add things to the submenu and how many will it add ?
can i change the main options on menu as not intrested in pictures ?
i had a look at these SUPPORTED ADD-ONS (KODI ADD-ON REPOSITORY INSTALLATION) on post 1 and found some in the kodi repo but when looking for the pvr clint i cannot find it so i tried on wiki page and found some download links but kodi said it was of not the right structure ?
there is 1 link to 1 of the pvr client that dont work on wiki ,?
are pvr client a good or bad thing to work with, ?
does this skin let you have cd art as well as movie art ?

thanks again for your help and advice
(2015-06-17, 14:53)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your help and advice , ok i have installed your skin and loaded your repo , now when the skin updates will i lose everything i have done so far ?

Hi flowerpot.

Most of your questions are answered in the wiki, and that's kind of why I wrote it Smile

No settings at all are lost when the skin updates - everything is saved.

Only custom edits directly in the skin xml files or images etc. added within the skin.rapier folder itself are replaced when the skin is updated.

(2015-06-17, 14:53)flowerpot Wrote: how do i add things to the submenu and how many will it add ?

Existing or custom submenus are edited in the Skin Settings -> Home section. Up to 7 submenus are available for each category.

(2015-06-17, 14:53)flowerpot Wrote: can i change the main options on menu as not intrested in pictures ?

You can disable main categories you don't want in the Skin Settings -> Home section.

(2015-06-17, 14:53)flowerpot Wrote: i had a look at these SUPPORTED ADD-ONS (KODI ADD-ON REPOSITORY INSTALLATION) on post 1 and found some in the kodi repo but when looking for the pvr clint i cannot find it so i tried on wiki page and found some download links but kodi said it was of not the right structure ?
there is 1 link to 1 of the pvr client that dont work on wiki ,?
are pvr client a good or bad thing to work with, ?

PVR Clients are installed when you install Kodi. If you chose to install them when you installed Kodi, maybe they are disabled.

They are used for watching live tv, which means you most likely would need some hardware for this as well.

(2015-06-17, 14:53)flowerpot Wrote: does this skin let you have cd art as well as movie art ?

Yes indeed.

Clear logos and clear art can be downloaded in the Skin Settings -> Add-ons section.

Some views allow for clear art and logos to be enabled in the view options. Other views have them enabled by default.

Cd Art is enabled in the Skin Settings -> Media section. Here you enter the path to your music library. You can use the add-on CD Art Manager to help download and manage them.
hi many thanks for your help and advice , i did look in wiki but find it hard to understand sometimes , can you not change main categories to something different ?
when i installed kodi i did not see anything to do with PVR Clients, how safe are they ?
where is the path to the music library as i had a pop up about this from cd art manager , i was woundering will this interfere with downloading cd art for movies as i just artwork downloader ?
how do you make up the logo name for each categorie ?
i cannot see any adult categorie

thanks again for your help and advice Big Grin
(2015-06-17, 19:18)flowerpot Wrote: can you not change main categories to something different ?

You can disable the existing category you wish to change and create a custom category instead. The main categories are hardcoded and only the submenus in the main categories can be changed.

(2015-06-17, 19:18)flowerpot Wrote: when i installed kodi i did not see anything to do with PVR Clients, how safe are they ?

They are official add-ons, so they should be perfectly safe.

Which platform do you use?

(2015-06-17, 19:18)flowerpot Wrote: where is the path to the music library as i had a pop up about this from cd art manager , i was woundering will this interfere with downloading cd art for movies as i just artwork downloader ?

The path is your local path to the folder containing your music library. You need to enter this path in the Rapier skin settings as well for cd art to work.

This has nothing to do with artwork for movies or tv shows, and artwork downloader / cdart manager are two seperate add-ons.

(2015-06-17, 19:18)flowerpot Wrote: how do you make up the logo name for each categorie ?

When you create a custom category, you select the Focus / No Focus image for the category name in the skin settings. Clicking the button will open up a folder containing a lot of category names. If the name you want don't exist in this folder, you can request them in this thread.

(2015-06-17, 19:18)flowerpot Wrote: i cannot see any adult categorie

Create the category yourself using custom categories in the skin settings.
hi thanks for all your help but we are totaly stuck this is why we was looking for a video , but we do appreciate all you have done thanks again for your help
Explore the skin settings and click the buttons to see what they do. All functions are described at the wiki and in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202234

You can't break anything doing that and if you are completely lost, you can always do a reset of the skin settings.

Don't know if this will help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vt9QaJqOi8
The skin has changed a lot since this video and all missing functions to set custom categories using the presets dialog have been added now.
Would it be possible for you to add the ability to have the "fanart" background setting added to the Live TV main menu item?

Thanks!

Rob
(2015-06-18, 19:26)robmich Wrote: Would it be possible for you to add the ability to have the "fanart" background setting added to the Live TV main menu item?

Thanks!

Rob

Fanart for live tv? How is that possible?

Do you mean custom background images in the Skin Settings -> Backgrounds section - like most other categories?
Yes, just the ability to pull backgrounds from existing stored fanart.

Rob
(2015-06-19, 03:29)robmich Wrote: Yes, just the ability to pull backgrounds from existing stored fanart.

Rob

Good idea. I'll look into it Smile
(2015-06-18, 15:13)Gade Wrote: Explore the skin settings and click the buttons to see what they do. All functions are described at the wiki and in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202234

You can't break anything doing that and if you are completely lost, you can always do a reset of the skin settings.

Don't know if this will help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vt9QaJqOi8
The skin has changed a lot since this video and all missing functions to set custom categories using the presets dialog have been added now.

hi many thanks for your reply, with this skin can you add seperate backgrounds for each subject ?
i have just reinstalled your skin with all scripts in post 1 , but when looking for backgrounds on my sd card for some reason it is not showing up sd card but it did in aeon nox ,
i had a look at the video but it was too fast for me to look at , what i dont want to do is to keep resetting the skin after i done something wrong so i would lose what i have done all ready ,
at the moment i cannot even find where this is on this skin ( When you create a custom category, you select the Focus / No Focus image)
this is why i would like a video , the only thing so far i have done is to add some addons , i am not sure what pvr i need all i know that the system is a android i did try a couple of pvr through wiki but they said it was the incorrect file
thanks
(2015-06-21, 20:09)flowerpot Wrote: hi many thanks for your reply, with this skin can you add seperate backgrounds for each subject ?

Yes: Skin Settings -> Backgrounds.

(2015-06-21, 20:09)flowerpot Wrote: i have just reinstalled your skin with all scripts in post 1 , but when looking for backgrounds on my sd card for some reason it is not showing up sd card but it did in aeon nox ,

Have you tried hitting the "Back / Backspace" button (or the button at the top) to go back a level?

(2015-06-21, 20:09)flowerpot Wrote: i had a look at the video but it was too fast for me to look at , what i dont want to do is to keep resetting the skin after i done something wrong so i would lose what i have done all ready ,

If you accidentally change a setting, just change it back to what it was before. No need to do a skin reset every time.

(2015-06-21, 20:09)flowerpot Wrote: at the moment i cannot even find where this is on this skin ( When you create a custom category, you select the Focus / No Focus image)

This is needed when you create custom categories for the home screen. The names of the categories are images.

Skin Settings -> Home -> Add More Categories. Here you select the first 4 custom categories. If you need more than that, select Add More Categories 2 etc.

For the custom category, you need to select what it will do when clicked. Select Preset or Favourite and choose the action. You can select a custom icon if you like. You can select panels (widgets) if you like. The Category Images are the names of the category. Select the correct focused and unfocused image. If the name you want is not available in the folder, you can request the images in this thread. The last option is for the background image.

(2015-06-21, 20:09)flowerpot Wrote: this is why i would like a video , the only thing so far i have done is to add some addons , i am not sure what pvr i need all i know that the system is a android i did try a couple of pvr through wiki but they said it was the incorrect file
thanks

To use PVR / Live TV you need hardware for this as well. Do you have that?
thank you for your help and advice , i have managed to change background to custom 1 but when looking at it the image seems to be moving in and out ,? i tried focus and not focus .
when looking at system and adding cats , when changing to either preset or fav it seems to only bring up 1 addon and not what is side the addon ?
when you create a cat can you tell it to open a certain file or movie genere so when you click on the cat you made up it will open up the item you told it to ?
how do you add or create submenu items ?
with the hardware question i am not sure what you are asking , we are on 40gb fibre optic , the adroid device is a ice cube 2 , android 4.42 api level 19, kernel linux 3.0.36+, cpu: armv7 processor revo v7l rk30board , not sure if this is what you wanted to know ,

hi what we have managed to do is to change background but it movies about , we have been able to add submenu items , and make custom cats up , so getting there slowly ,
i have also managed to click on a custom cat and it will open up part of a addon but i had to tell it to add to fav's
i was woundering does this skin let you watch movies froma external hard drive as well as we have a few to look at thanks for your help and advice
hi we are getting use to this skin a bit would it be possible to add more buttons for submenu items as i can only have 7 items showing thanks
(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: when looking at system and adding cats , when changing to either preset or fav it seems to only bring up 1 addon and not what is side the addon ?

I don't know what you mean. You have to explain in detail.

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: when you create a cat can you tell it to open a certain file or movie genere so when you click on the cat you made up it will open up the item you told it to ?

Yes, that's the idea with custom categories. You can make them do exactly what you want.

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: how do you add or create submenu items ?

Skin Settings -> Home -> Category Submenu. Here you can edit existing submenus or add sumenus for your custom categories.

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: with the hardware question i am not sure what you are asking , we are on 40gb fibre optic , the adroid device is a ice cube 2 , android 4.42 api level 19, kernel linux 3.0.36+, cpu: armv7 processor revo v7l rk30board , not sure if this is what you wanted to know ,

To learn about Kodi and Live TV, read:

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software

I don't use Live TV/PVR myself, so if you have further questions regarding this, ask in the proper forums.

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: i have managed to change background to custom 1 but when looking at it the image seems to be moving in and out ,? i tried focus and not focus .

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: hi what we have managed to do is to change background but it movies about

You have probably enabled the setting "Animate Background" in Skin Settings -> Backgrounds. Disable this.

(2015-06-22, 13:17)flowerpot Wrote: i was woundering does this skin let you watch movies froma external hard drive as well as we have a few to look at thanks for your help and advice

All skins lets you do that. It's a basic Kodi feature Smile

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

(2015-06-23, 15:36)flowerpot Wrote: hi we are getting use to this skin a bit would it be possible to add more buttons for submenu items as i can only have 7 items showing thanks

Sorry, no. Up to 7 submenus are available for each category. More than that would make the submenu labels too small.

For the regular categories (Movies, TV Shows, Videos, Pictures etc etc), you can add add-on shortcuts with up to 6 add-ons: Skin Settings -> Home -> Add-on Shortcuts. That will leave more room for other features in the submenus.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2