• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-03-03, 22:36)IAmTheDude360 Wrote: Hi Gade!

Just upgraded yesterday to Helix (14.2b1 to hopefully resolve the Win7 crashing issue).

I have a very, very, very small issue with the unwatched indicators in TV Shows. The number is offset slightly to the right with the number being shown half way through the edge of the circle.

I've just got the 7.3 update and its still the same. Its more than likely my end though seeing how its not been mentioned before but it could also be a 14.2 beta issue, if it is then don't worry about it Smile

Hi IAmTheDude360.

14.2 fixed all crashing and freezing issues on Windows for me.

The unwatched indicators positioning is definately a bug.

Thanks a lot for reporting it. I have fixed it and it will be available in the next update.

(2015-03-03, 22:36)IAmTheDude360 Wrote: There also seems to be a small 'glitch' with subfolders and using a folder.jpg in Files view, it shows both the folder icon and the folder.jpg/

Again, very tiny unimportant thing.

(I had this on Gotham but its that unimportant I didn't worry about it, only mention it now while I note the above)

I appreciate all bug reporting - small or big Smile

Let me look into this. It will most likely be fixed in the next update.

(2015-03-03, 22:36)IAmTheDude360 Wrote: Would also like to say, I've recently brought a FireTV for my Father and setup SPMC on it.

While it runs and looks good using Confluence...its bloody brilliant with Rapier Smile No slow downs, glitches or anything untoward.

With the homescreen categories I've been able to setup a 'simple' menu system for things like loading iPlayer and other Android apps and having the TV Guide setup while still having things like rotating fanart backgrounds and widgets etc.

Everything works great with the remote and my Father took to SPMC and the skin like a duck to water Smile He even figured out things like switching between watched and unwatched using the top nav bar on his own, clearly a testament to your skin!

Ill be doing the same when they release the FireTV stick in the UK as well so I can turn my HTPC off a little more!

Seeing what I could do with Kodi has also prompted a friend to grab one as well, especially seeing how smooth and how integrated things are in the skin!

I've always found Rapier to be a perfect balance between being lightweight and smooth but also powerful and good looking. I've been able to use it on a number of devices where 'heavier' skins caused lag and slowdown.

You keep adding these little features that look amazing when in use yet don't bog down or bloat the skin. Amazing...

Many thanks Smile

Thanks so much for all the kind words and positive feedback. I especially appreciate the FireTV feedback, since I have no way of testing it myself.

It's great that people with no Kodi experience easily are able to navigate the skin and features. Smile
Hi Gade,
Just a small thing I noticed: The CD art in the "now playing" widget now has the correct aspect ratio on my 5:4 screen but it is no longer cropped to have the shape of a CD. That rotating square looks kind of odd Wink

Regards
kupi

P.s.: I'd also really like having a setting for the background images changing interval. I also think the background images change really fast. Maybe you could add an extra section in the settings ("miscellaneous" or something) that could contain all the odd but useful sertings that people demanded over time Smile
(2015-03-07, 00:02)kupi Wrote: Hi Gade,
Just a small thing I noticed: The CD art in the "now playing" widget now has the correct aspect ratio on my 5:4 screen but it is no longer cropped to have the shape of a CD. That rotating square looks kind of odd Wink

Hi kupi.

It would be very helpful if you can post a screenshot of this issue.

(2015-03-07, 00:02)kupi Wrote: P.s.: I'd also really like having a setting for the background images changing interval. I also think the background images change really fast. Maybe you could add an extra section in the settings ("miscellaneous" or something) that could contain all the odd but useful sertings that people demanded over time Smile

Do you mean for multi image backgrounds or for fanart image backgrounds?

Cheers
Gade
I meant the multi images background. Is it possible that you have increased the interval time in one of the last updates? When I started using the skin I thought the images change really fast but now I'm sitting here for a few minutes and the image won't change at all... Wink
Wasn't there a way to attach images directly to a post? For now, I just added th image as my profile pic Big Grin Just took a photo because I don't know how to do screenshots on a raspberry. It's a little blurred but I guess you can see enough...
Making the time for the multi images user selectable would require a lot of code and effort. I have taken note of this and will see when I get time for it. Right now focus is on Rapier for Isengard.

Nothing have been done to multi image backgrounds for a very long time. I think maybe I inserted some malfunctioning code in one of the manual updates, but if you use 7.3.0 official version you should be fine. The images will change every 10 seconds. It requires that you have enabled the multi image backgrounds in the skin settings, and that your folder contains more than 1 image.

To attach an image in your post, use this code:

Code:
[IMG]http://url.to.your.image[/IMG]
You're right, it does. It just didn't change because it was in music playback and I guess the artwork plugin only had one artist image.

Do you see enough in the image I added as profile pic? Smile That's the "Current Playlist" box. Before, it showed the cd art in the form of a round cd with a hole in the middle, now it's just a square.

Oh, and one more thing I was wondering about...I don't really know if this is part of kodi or the skin. Often there is a small square flashing slowly in the top right corner. It is four colored with a red, blue, green and yellow corner. Really doesn't look like it belongs there and I have no Idea what it stands for...I thought maybe it shows when another device accesses files via samba share or something...have any of you ever seen this square?

Another thing: the volume bar seems broken for me, it shows up when changing the volume but it is always empty, regardless of the actual volume.
(2015-03-07, 00:29)kupi Wrote: Do you see enough in the image I added as profile pic? Smile That's the "Current Playlist" box. Before, it showed the cd art in the form of a round cd with a hole in the middle, now it's just a square.

No, if you add it as an avatar, it's scaled too small. Attach the image with the codes I wrote in the previous post.

When did this change begin?

(2015-03-07, 00:29)kupi Wrote: Oh, and one more thing I was wondering about...I don't really know if this is part of kodi or the skin. Often there is a small square flashing slowly in the top right corner. It is four colored with a red, blue, green and yellow corner. Really doesn't look like it belongs there and I have no Idea what it stands for...I thought maybe it shows when another device accesses files via samba share or something...have any of you ever seen this square?

That has nothing to do with the skin. I bet it's something with your system, hardware etc.

(2015-03-07, 00:29)kupi Wrote: Another thing: the volume bar seems broken for me, it shows up when changing the volume but it is always empty, regardless of the actual volume.

A screenshot would really help here too. I have checked the codes, and they definately seem correct.
Hi Gade,
The thing with the volume bar might also be caused by the latest Kodi update. A lot of menus are no longer displayed correctly. Maybe that's also the reason why the cd art is displayed wrongly. I'll try a rollback of kodi when I got the time and see if that helps...
I have created an add-on repository for Rapier.

This means that if you install this repository, you will always automatically receive the newest and freshest development updates of Rapier.

You will still automatically get the official updates.

To install this repository for Kodi Helix, you must do so by following these steps:
  1. Download the zip file from the Github link above
  2. Start Kodi
  3. Navigate to Settings
  4. Add-ons
  5. Install from zip file
  6. Locate the zip file you downloaded
  7. Install
Hi, love the skin!

Is there a trick to getting access to the top menu in the add ons panel of the system section? Hitting left like in he configuration panel doesn't seem to work.
(2015-03-07, 14:56)kupi Wrote: Hi Gade,
The thing with the volume bar might also be caused by the latest Kodi update. A lot of menus are no longer displayed correctly. Maybe that's also the reason why the cd art is displayed wrongly. I'll try a rollback of kodi when I got the time and see if that helps...

Hi kupi.

Been busy the last couple of days.

I would really like to solve any issues regarding the skin. So it will be really helpful if you post screenshots of your issues: the cd art square and the bbroken volume bar. I have checked the code and it seems very correct Smile

User selectable time per image for multi image backgrounds will probably be added in the next update.
(2015-03-15, 23:26)flitter2009 Wrote: Hi, love the skin!

Is there a trick to getting access to the top menu in the add ons panel of the system section? Hitting left like in he configuration panel doesn't seem to work.

Hi flitter2009.

Hitting left should definately work in most cases.

Are you in the add-on browser or in the system section?
System->Addons->select addon

At that point left doesn't drop me in the menu. It works in system.
Hmmm... System category in the home screen -> Click the add-ons submenu? And then what?
Go Enabled add ons->pick any->pick any

Then try to configure the addon
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2