GPL License copyright line(s)
What copyright should new files use?

Copyright © 2014 Team XBMC || Copyright © 2014 XBMC Foundation || Copyright © 2014 Team Kodi || whatever...

And existing files? Maintain original copyright line and add?
Copyright © 2005 - 2013 Team XBMC
Copyright © 2014 whatever ?
What are you planning?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Developing a new PVR addon based on an existing one with files copyrighted to Team XBMC. Should I change it to XBMC Foundation and correct date, i.e., 2012 Team XBMC to 2012 - 2014 XBMC Foundation?

Files don't have other copyright lines, just Team XBMC. If they had, I would keep them, ofc.

I already saw on Github you guys are changing copyright to XBMC Foundation.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify this.
to be honest we don't know yet either on what the actual direction needs to be. Still thinking about it. Factually the copyright is owned by the contributors.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK.
I can wait for clarification.
assuming its GPLv2, it really isn't too important. I'd just make it the same as the other addons for now.
(2014-11-25, 00:46)h.udo Wrote: Developing a new PVR addon based on an existing one with files copyrighted to Team XBMC. Should I change it to XBMC Foundation and correct date, i.e., 2012 Team XBMC to 2012 - 2014 XBMC Foundation?
If you are not the author or copyright owner, you are not eligible to change it. Just keep it as is and if you have made modifications, add your own copyright notice on a new line. This is explained here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
Thanks for the info but I already read that. I wasn't about to change author lines, merely looking for guidance on future contributions/changes to files.

Solution for existing files might be
Copyright © 2015 - 2014 Team XBMC
Copyright © 2014 John Doe
Copyright © 2014 XBMC Foundation
etc.

The only problem I see is changing XBMC Team to XBMC Foundation, if at all possible. But it's something for you guys to discuss internally and not urgent, IMO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPL License copyright line(s)0