Error The network connection was lost
Since 13.2 I have exact the same problems (Ethernet and WiFi). With 12.x everyhing was fine (Ethernet and WiFi) both with iPad / iPhone.

The pi uses Raspbmc's latest version (13.2 stable)

I can play music via a NFS mapping without problems but as soon as I hit "what is playing/currently playing". I see the cover and the remote disconnects / reconnects all the time. But there is no problem when choosing a different song / album.

What can be done to get a stable connection?
Same here. The app constantly loses connection. The developer has stopped supporting the app?
Nope. What happens with a stable release, e.g. Gotham 13.2?!? Another try: what happen with a clean XBMC/kodi profile? Last but not least please provide debug log of the XBMC host while the disconnect occurs.

@raspbmc 13.2, it's possible to try instead the openelec build for raspberry?
(2014-11-26, 17:42)joethefox Wrote: Nope. What happens with a stable release, e.g. Gotham 13.2?!? Another try: what happen with a clean XBMC/kodi profile? Last but not least please provide debug log of the XBMC host while the disconnect occurs

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with fresh installations of both Gotham 13.2 and Kodi 14 Beta 5 with clean profiles.
Only if I use my own profile I can replicate the error message. Could it have sth to with the size of the databases and/or the thumbnails? It seems the app connects much faster too after I've deleted my databases.

Please find debug log below.
http://pastebin.com/EBmLEKek

Thanks for looking into this!
Following debug log with JSON-RPC specific logging switched on shows even more info:

http://pastebin.com/1KLVZ7TF
@AussieFries, in your last debug log I don't see any specific issue, neither the calls that come from the remote Sad I need the full debug log and while the disconnection occurs.
While continuing investigating, my spider sense says that due the fact that during the now playing view there is a polling to the host (yes, I'm not even a fan of this implementation Tongue) seems that something else is doing other json requests (bad addon?) that slow down the response due to the limit of the simultaneous json calls allowed.
I replicated the issue in my first debug log as well. That one is the full log.

Pls let me know if you need any further info/testing.
sadly the first one was without the JSON-RPC specific logging switched on.
Which one is the full log? this -> http://pastebin.com/1KLVZ7TF ? doesn't seems so.
Full debug with JSON-RPC:
http://pastebin.com/NvMwvMjR
@AussieFries, sorry and correct me if I'm wrong:

you says that the disconnections occur while playing a movie and while in the now playing view on the remote control app, but in the debug log that you are providing there aren't the remote app calls in this situation!

while a media is playing and then you access the remote app view you should see in the log three json calls every one second, something like:

Code:
16:52:41 T:4693467136   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers","id":-1754607985,"params":{}}
16:52:41 T:4693467136   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetItem","id":-1208443239,"params":{"properties":["album","artist","title","thumbnail","track","studio","showtitle","episode","season"],"playerid":1}}
16:52:41 T:4694003712   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetProperties","id":908292522,"params":{"properties":["percentage","time","totaltime","partymode","position","canrepeat","canshuffle","repeat","shuffled","canseek"],"playerid":1}}

So three json calls: Player.GetActivePlayers -> Player.GetItem -> Player.GetProperties

but none of the above are in your debug log.
(2014-11-28, 18:00)joethefox Wrote: @AussieFries, sorry and correct me if I'm wrong:

you says that the disconnections occur while playing a movie and while in the now playing view on the remote control app, but in the debug log that you are providing there aren't the remote app calls in this situation!

No I don't experience the errors specifically during playback. It can happen any time when I'm using the remote. E.g. when I'm clicking on Albums or Artist. This happens when Kodi is running but doing nothing.
ah ok! Looking at your last debug log file, during which call took place the disconnect? the add-ons video list call? (line 875).

Another question, when the issue occurs, you see into the app an alert view with the error description and with a "copy to clipboard" button below?
I feel that I receive the error after I clicked a button, but I'm not 100% sure. So I kept clicking items under Music and Movies until I got that error. Unfortunately I can't remember which button I clicked just before the error showed up.

Yes I see an alert with the error description with "copy to clipboard".
Can you please copy to clipboard and then paste here the content? thank you!
The network connection was lost.

METHOD
Files.GetSources

PARAMETERS
{media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};}

Another one but different:

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/?mode=search_playlist";"file_properties"=(thumbnail);media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=none;order=ascending;};}

One more:

METHOD
AudioLibrary.GetAlbums

PARAMETERS
{filter={artistid=4;};properties=(year,thumbnail,artist);sort={ignorearticle=0;method=year;order=ascending;};}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error The network connection was lost1