New/tweaked keymaps for the Fire TV remote
@MediaPi

I didn't just set it to "stop" because when listening to music I prefer to have the visualizer up with track info etc. I was looking for a way to toggle "fullscreen" without sacrificing control of the music.
I've never used kodi for music so I'm not familiar what the process is. can you explain what window your in and what you press and what comes up and what you want doing?

why do you have to press twice (home button)?
Hit the home button once and it bring you to the home screen then on the home screen the home button toggles the Fullscreen mode. Once you are in Fullscreen (the visualizer is running) the back button will issue the stop command. Since music doesn't start in Fullscreen and I haven't found a way to change how buttons work when music is playing, the home button seemed like the best option.
gotcha okay couple of options, first I just tried this and i worked, i'm also on openelec and using confluence skin so if you want to launch fullscreen automatically after selecting a music track you need to follow these instructions

using filezilla(or something your familiar with) go to
/usr/share/xbmc/addons

right click on skin.confluence and chose download
now in your downloads folder you should see "skin.confluence"
go into this folder and where going to change one file and add a file

in addons.xml
in the third line change
id="skin.confluence
to
id="skin.confluence.mod

now create a file and call it Custom_MusicFullscreenEnabler.xml
place this code in the file
Code:
<window type="dialog" id="3001">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload condition="!Window.IsActive(visualisation)">FullScreen</onload>
    <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
    <controls></controls>
</window>
(code thanks to `Black from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1473763)

place this file in 720p (might be 1080i/p in skin confluence folder) okay now change the folder name from skin.confluence to skin.confluence.mod

now right click on folder and compress to zip file
place the file back into openelec and install the zip(system add-ons, install fom zip file, locate it and click)

say yes and voila you have automatic fullscreen on music.

now whenever you've selected a track you'll be in visuliser so just edit the keymap file like you did before and add buttons

<Visualisation>
<keyboard>
<browser_back>Stop</browser_back>
</keyboard>
</Visualisation>

so you mapped browser_back to stop you can map anything else effectively having a custom remote just for the visulisation window

you might also want to see what the action "osd" does
eg
<browser_back>osd</browser_back>

report back if you get stuck
I'm not using Confluence (and the skin I'm using I simplified for the girlfriend) so getting the music to auto start is a no go for me. Since this isn't my primary box I'm good with just hitting the home button twice, I thought that I had missed something but thanks for your input! Smile
(2014-11-28, 22:52)Ned Scott Wrote: I've added keymap 4, which is what I've been using/tweaking on both my Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. The big difference is menu will do smallstepback and also opens up the channel switcher for PVR/Live TV, and there's no volume-amp on up/down. It also has quick keys for toggling shift and symbols for the on-screen-keyboard and some other stuff I added to all keymaps.
Hi Ned,

Just tried the Fire TV stick profiles and had to edit them to get the 7 second jump to work in Helix 14.2

I replaced seek(-7) (never heard of that before, unless it's new in Isengard) with smallstepback, so maybe the wiki needs editing to reflect this.

(I would edit it myself but frankly the sign up process for the Kodi wiki is too onerous to be bothered with to make one small edit)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Hi folks

I'm having a slight issue when using the new fire TV keymap 4. During video playback if I press the context menu button the codecinfo screen comes up. The codecinfo should only come up if the on-screen display controls are visible I believe.

I'm using the fire TV remote on my fire TV by the way Smile

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Sorry, yeah, "seek(-7)" replaces "smallstepback" in v15. I forgot to note this when I updated the Fire TV keymap page.
Hi, can anyone confirm if these should work on Kodi with windows 10 os as I have synced it but I can only get the directional buttons to work. The 6 buttons below the directional pad are not recognised at all. I have tried putting the keyboard.xml file in the user data/key,as folder but it doesn't make any difference.c an anyone advise?
I don't know about Windows 10 specifically, but Windows and Linux should work with those keymaps.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried all four key maps with no luck. It's like the bottom 6 keys are not recognised at all. I've even tried the keymap editor in programs of kodi with no luck at all. Bit confused now
Anyone got any idea why I can't get it to work?
(2015-08-06, 08:09)Paul16721 Wrote: Hi, can anyone confirm if these should work on Kodi with windows 10 os as I have synced it but I can only get the directional buttons to work. The 6 buttons below the directional pad are not recognised at all. I have tried putting the keyboard.xml file in the user data/key,as folder but it doesn't make any difference.c an anyone advise?

I too am faced with this issue. Any updates? Is it a Windows 10 thing? I am using the Fire TV Remote with the mic button. I'm going to try it on a Windows 7 Pro install I have an report back. Works as it should when paired on my Android phone with Kodi installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New/tweaked keymaps for the Fire TV remote1