Shared library inaccessible from android phone
I am trying to set up my library to be shared between devices, so I followed these steps:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC

The MySQL server is a Windows 8.1 box. That same box houses all my video files. My HTPC is a windows 7 box. I created the advancedsettings.xml file that the guide above directed me to create. Then I went to the HTPC box, added all the video sources to the library via SMB share. Once all the videos were added to the library, I opened XBMC on the server box and everything was peachy.

So this works great between the two windows boxes. I tested the synced watch status by playing a movie on the HTPC and the wach mark showed up on the server. Everything is perfect.

But then I tried to throw my android phone into the mix. I copied over the same advancedsettings.xml file to the userdata folder, as before. When I open up XBMC, it *does* see all the video files in the library. However, when I try to play anything back, it shows the "this video cannot be found, would you like to remove it from the library?" message box.

Now, I can access SMB shares from this android device (confirmed via ES File Explorer). So what could the problem be here?

Please let me know what other details I can give. I'd love to get this working before my Fire TV arrives (getting this working on my phone is basically a proof of concept).
debug logs (wiki) needed. I bet something is funny with the file paths for the SMB shares. Windows is more forgiving of other platforms for SMB stuff.
Here's the log:

~~~edit: no longer necessary, removed log link ~~~

I'll start parsing it myself to see if there's any low-hanging fruit for me to try.

YEP. low-hanging fruit indeed. I went to my windows server and shared it with "Everyone", not just the homegroup. It all works now.

Thanks anyway for trying to help, Ned!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared library inaccessible from android phone0