• 70(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-03-11, 00:36)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Twice today I downloaded the Helix branch from Git and copied the contents into the skin's folder, but each time Kodi started up it reverted back to Confluence. Did I update it the wrong way?

thx

... Sad please see This Post
Mike, is the someway of having a wall view for music albums like in the old Aeon 4?
The 2 views that are available for music in library mode are a bit limited.

Also found, the scaling of poster art inside blu ray/ DVD cases is a little bit hit and miss. 90% of the time it's OK, but sometimes they don't fit correctly.
(2015-03-11, 01:17)bolter Wrote: Mike, is the someway of having a wall view for music albums like in the old Aeon 4?

Also found, the scaling of poster art inside blu ray/ DVD cases is a little bit hit and miss. 90% of the time it's OK, but sometimes they don't fit correctly.

I can only assume you meant in files mode since library mode has around 12 views available for artist, not sure of songs or albums but it is definitely more than two for each section. This skin is designed to work best in library mode for both music and video sections... so if you want more than the two views you need to use library mode. The only views that should have a problem are LowList and RightList, for now, I have not had enough time to research and solve it so I recommend choosing a poster that is close in aspect ratio to a 1000 x 1500 image.
(2015-03-11, 01:32)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 01:17)bolter Wrote: Mike, is the someway of having a wall view for music albums like in the old Aeon 4?

I can only assume you meant in files mode since library mode has around 12 views available for artist, not sure of songs or albums but it is definitely more than two for each section. This skin is designed to work best in library mode for both music and video sections... so if you want more than the two views you need to use library mode. The only views that should have a problem are LowList and RightList, for now, I have not had enough time to research and solve it so I recommend choosing a poster that is close in aspect ratio to a 1000 x 1500 image.

Sorry for that, I must have tried it before I had enough albums scanned. All work fine now

Loving this mod more and more.

Any chance of making the area where the text is inlow list view for movies a little bit more transparent?
This is only thing I can fault about this great Mod.
(2015-03-11, 01:45)bolter Wrote: Sorry for that, I must have tried it before I had enough albums scanned. All work fine now

Loving this mod more and more.

Any chance of making the area where the text is inlow list view for movies a little bit more transparent?
This is only thing I can fault about this great Mod.

Absolutely, no need to apologize. I was just explaining how it worked cause if it did not, I would need to fix something so any and all bug reports are needed and welcomed Smile someone else mentioned a similar idea to mod LowList, It is on my todo list, but I have no idea when I will get to it. That being said... this next part is to all those mentioning the alternate infopanel layout... I will not add anything that uses artwork not in the database like extrafanart or extrathumbs. I have already made an exception for music artist logos and will not add anymore, primarily cause I think the performance hit of my mods are already bordering on excluding certain setups and I would prefer not to have to do that in the end. I hope all reading this understand that decision.

Thanks.
(2015-03-10, 22:52)smallclone Wrote: Love the skin thanks. One question:

Pressing info when playing a movie - is there an option to display the movie cover / poster instead of the logo? As 40% of my movies don't pick up a logo art.

Thanks

This request comes down to design and proper implementation, right now it is clearart with a fallback to logo which should cover a large majority of movies and TV shows. I guess I can show a poster as a third fallback Huh

Twice today I downloaded the Helix branch from Git and copied the contents into the skin's folder, but each time Kodi started up it reverted back to Confluence. Did I update it the wrong way?

thx

I apologize I made a really dumb mistake... It should be fixed now on Git. Sorry about that. Ignore the post with the upload it will be deleted momentarily as it has the same dumb mistake in it... Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue is in addon.xml so you should only need to replace that file.
I'm trying to edit the RightList view slightly... this is my first time trying to edit a skin... I was able to hide most of what I was trying to so far. There appears to be a transparent/black gradient overlayed on the fanart. How can I remove that?
(2015-03-11, 04:52)khargy Wrote: I'm trying to edit the RightList view slightly... this is my first time trying to edit a skin... I was able to hide most of what I was trying to so far. There appears to be a transparent/black gradient overlayed on the fanart. How can I remove that?

Please explain what you are trying to achieve... I plan on offering a button to replace the IMDb logo button with extended information, which would hide all info next to the poster. The reason for me not just giving you the "answer" is the image you speak of is actually three images and that is more difficult to explain so I'd prefer to provide the info once instead of thrice so just tell me your desired result and I will try to help Smile
(2015-03-11, 02:42)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 22:52)smallclone Wrote: Love the skin thanks. One question:

Pressing info when playing a movie - is there an option to display the movie cover / poster instead of the logo? As 40% of my movies don't pick up a logo art.

Thanks

This request comes down to design and proper implementation, right now it is clearart with a fallback to logo which should cover a large majority of movies and TV shows. I guess I can show a poster as a third fallback Huh

That would be amazing. I have a lot of foreign language movies and indie movies that have no logo or clearart.

If you get to do it in a forthcoming release I'd be very grateful.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
(2015-03-11, 06:58)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 04:52)khargy Wrote: I'm trying to edit the RightList view slightly... this is my first time trying to edit a skin... I was able to hide most of what I was trying to so far. There appears to be a transparent/black gradient overlayed on the fanart. How can I remove that?

Please explain what you are trying to achieve... I plan on offering a button to replace the IMDb logo button with extended information, which would hide all info next to the poster. The reason for me not just giving you the "answer" is the image you speak of is actually three images and that is more difficult to explain so I'd prefer to provide the info once instead of thrice so just tell me your desired result and I will try to help Smile

Mostly I'm just playing around seeing how the skins work, but specifically I am trying to make the make the fanart background more prominent by removing the poster and info text next to it. That part was pretty basic, I just hide those groups by adding a visible is false node. If I got really ambitious I was gonna try adding an option to the left to toggle those parts or make a separate view.
Mike - Not sure if your aware of a small bug in fullscreen Live TV? I guess not everyone uses Live TV so it may not have been noticed... When FF or RW you get a X2, X4, X8 (depending on how many times you press the button) in the bottom left hand corner, however this is covered with the "info bar" (i not sure what it's called) but basically it appears when live TV is paused/FF/RW and show the programme, time, channel, tuner info etc...not sure if it's possble to move the X2, X4 etc etc to one of the top corners ?
(2015-03-11, 18:04)AshG Wrote: Mike - Not sure if your aware of a small bug in fullscreen Live TV? I guess not everyone uses Live TV so it may not have been noticed... When FF or RW you get a X2, X4, X8 (depending on how many times you press the button) in the bottom left hand corner, however this is covered with the "info bar" (i not sure what it's called) but basically it appears when live TV is paused/FF/RW and show the programme, time, channel, tuner info etc...not sure if it's possble to move the X2, X4 etc etc to one of the top corners ?

I have noticed that as well, but wasn't sure if it is a skin or add-on issue.
(2015-03-11, 03:13)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

thx

I apologize I made a really dumb mistake... It should be fixed now on Git. Sorry about that. Ignore the post with the upload it will be deleted momentarily as it has the same dumb mistake in it... Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue is in addon.xml so you should only need to replace that file.

Hello,

I just replaced the add-on.xml as you suggest, but got the same behavior.

thx
(2015-03-11, 14:04)khargy Wrote: Mostly I'm just playing around seeing how the skins work, but specifically I am trying to make the make the fanart background more prominent by removing the poster and info text next to it. That part was pretty basic, I just hide those groups by adding a visible is false node. If I got really ambitious I was gonna try adding an option to the left to toggle those parts or make a separate view.

The images covering the background are in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml and are called logo_back.png, side_fade.png, and the last is back-black.png. Removing all three will make the list hard to see.

(2015-03-11, 23:16)leejk Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 18:04)AshG Wrote: Mike - Not sure if your aware of a small bug in fullscreen Live TV? I guess not everyone uses Live TV so it may not have been noticed... When FF or RW you get a X2, X4, X8 (depending on how many times you press the button) in the bottom left hand corner, however this is covered with the "info bar" (i not sure what it's called) but basically it appears when live TV is paused/FF/RW and show the programme, time, channel, tuner info etc...not sure if it's possble to move the X2, X4 etc etc to one of the top corners ?

I have noticed that as well, but wasn't sure if it is a skin or add-on issue.

I will look into this.

(2015-03-11, 23:41)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I just replaced the add-on.xml as you suggest, but got the same behavior.

thx

Hmm... maybe delete all silvo skin folders, restart Kodi, and try to reinstall the whole skin from zip instead Huh
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55