OS X kodi RC 1 doesn't start fullscreen when set to start at login
Hi, i'm running Yosemite 10.10.1 on a 2014 mac mini, just installed kodi release candidate 1, I set it to start at login when I restart the mac it opens kodi but the dock and top bar are still visable, using a mouse I can click on the screen somewhere and the dock and top bar disappear, but if i'm using a remote there is no way to get rid of the dock, and I want to be able to use just a remote. I do not have this problem with 13.2 Gotham.
Have you set this correctly ?

System > Settings > System > Video Output > Display Mode > Full Screen

Then exit and restart Kodi to test.

Yes he has - this is a timing issue for sure. While Kodi is already started something else in the background starts (might even be finder/dock itself) and steals the focus from Kodi. Only solution for this is to add a delay after login before starting Kodi. (this is covered multiple times somewhere here in the forum).

And before you ask - no i don't want to spend time on thinking of a different solution for this - even if its a common use case to autostart Kodi - the delay is an easy workaround which solves it. (there is no such a workaround i can think of from inside Kodi which wouldn't slowdown startup for all users).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have this issue on 13.2 so it's probably a timing issue as Memphiz states. Smile
What about allocating Kodi its own fullscreen desktop.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You can do this already if i read it correctly somewhere here in the forum...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Try this applescript - set to launch at login

Code:
delay 2
tell application "Kodi"
    activate
    reopen
end tell
tell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "XBMC" to true

If fullscreen is set then it will open fullscreen

You could also try disabling mouse support for a test .. Just a hunch
There is a hotkey to correct this. "\" should fix it. I had the same issue until my cat walked across my keyboard and made it full screen. I then went here and found what key she stepped on. Wink http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi RC 1 doesn't start fullscreen when set to start at login0