Confused by Kodi v14.0
Well, I thought Windows could do that. Right now my Windows partition is giving me fits and doesn't even want to launch Kodi with any keyboard command. Being Windows is suffering.
(2014-12-09, 04:33)nickr Wrote: Windows Task manager shows my xbmc as using 75M RAM and negligible CPU while minimised.

Raspberry Pi is a very capable media player. You'll find it slower through the menus than your i7, and slow to scrape metadata. But actually playing media it is a very pleasant experience.

Haven't got a FTV but I am not a big android fan for media PCs, I'd go for the Pi. And if you don't like it, you can make some other project from it, it can control your curtains when you start a movie, or water your garden, or run the United Nations or something.
Lol'd at UN

Ya, at worst it can be a guest room media player. Does it do deinterlace well? I'm finding a lot of old information on it, looks like it can though for live TV. My XBMC also shows negligible CPU usage while minimized on my core2duo.

Being slow to scrape metadata would suck but I mean, I only have to do it once in awhile. The first time is the worst Sad (That's what she said).

(2014-12-09, 04:54)Ned Scott Wrote: Well, I thought Windows could do that. Right now my Windows partition is giving me fits and doesn't even want to launch Kodi with any keyboard command. Being Windows is suffering.

Works for me. It doesn't minimize Kodi back though (I dunno why I thought it did that) back to square one.

Looks like my next option is to setup event ghost so that it will do a series of keystrokes.

\ (fullscreen)
x (stop video)
Windows + 5 (For Launching/Bringing Kodi to foreground)
(delay 3 seconds maybe. My Laptop needed some time to get Kodi up and running, i7+SSD probably doesn't though so may not need a long delay).
\ (fullscreen again)

So if kodi isn't active, first backslash does nothing, x does nothing, Windows Key +5 launches Kodi to foreground, third fullscreens.
If it is active, first "\" brings it to window, then x stops the video, then Windows Key+5 minimizes, then the last "\" does nothing.

A little round about way, but it means I can use one key for Kodi which is nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused by Kodi v14.00