In Need of help with stream url into XBMC
Hi, Thank you for reading my post. I am a newbie to adding channels to XBMC and making them to work and I need help with that. First I want to explain what I know: I know that XBMC Live TV reads .m3u files and can be edited with Notepad++ which I only used slightly. I know how to add channels therefore I added PsuedoTV with USTVNOW. I know that I can download m3u playlists online and target it on XBMC to open the playlist and see the channels within it. Anyways I need help on the following:

- Finding Stream URL's from websites (such as Ustream, LiveStream, any other websites that play flash or windows media player)
- Finding the RTMP text from a URL that plays a live stream
- Converting a RTMP text to a m3u
- Finding the playlist URL of a live stream (this would be helpful to figure out because I can enter it in Notepad++ and save it as a .m3u and play it with XBMC)

I used URLSnooper 2 to find the stream URL's and I only can see the .flv and the .swf and I don't think the .flv file will be useful but I don't know what I can do with the .swf file.

I also noticed some links in the middle have a colon and four digits and I was wondering that do all stream URL's have to have that?

Here are the two websites I'm trying to get the stream URL from:

- ustream.tv/channel/pmcmusic
- http://www2.live.irib.ir/web/live/tv/sahar1
- http://www2.live.irib.ir/web/live/tv/var...rib.ir/tvs

I know the last link has a rtmp URL but I've put it into a notepad and saved it as a .strm file and tried to open it with XBMC but it failed.

P.S. Before I decided to post a question, I've looked all over the Internet to find my solution and I couldn't or I couldn't understand what other users were implying so if you could help me out, please be clear with the instructions.

Thank You so Much!!!!!
I think that this is the droid thread you seek!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=93280
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the response. I've looked through this website before and even though it gives examples, I still cannot understand it. The first thing needed is the rtmp dump and I don't know how to get it even though I read this thread many times. It doesn't even explain about .m3u files so if you can possibly explain the process, that would be good. (I cannot read code well because this is my first time, most likely that's why I'm having trouble understanding it.)
So nobody knows?
1. Please don't bump your threads less than 24 hours after the last post you made.

2. I suggest that you ask in the thread I pointed to. There will obviously be a lot of people subscribed there who may be able to help you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In Need of help with stream url into XBMC0