• 25(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-16, 22:11)bryanbrazil Wrote: Thanks, glad you like it. Try the latest git, I changed the width of that label from 180 to 300. I don't see the busy image (spinner), I'm assuming you must be on an rpi?

That's right, I'm running OpenELEC on an RPi...no spinner here! Why is that?
Doesn't bother me too much but other skins have it, though - so I suppose the RPi could handle it!

Thank you for fixing the label width!
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
bryanbrazil:

I think you may be using an older version of steveb aeon nox mod for the videodialoginfo

Here is his link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuuYOw...view?pli=1
(2015-01-17, 11:51)doeppi Wrote: That's right, I'm running OpenELEC on an RPi...no spinner here! Why is that?
Doesn't bother me too much but other skins have it, though - so I suppose the RPi could handle it!

BigNoid has the spinner hidden for rpi, I'm guessing it must not be able to handle the animation when it is "working."

You can test it by editing out the visibility condition in DialogBusy.xml.

(2015-01-17, 17:07)Edworld Wrote: bryanbrazil:

I think you may be using an older version of steveb aeon nox mod for the videodialoginfo

Here is his link

I actually started with Warner306's mod, then added some stuff from Steveb's original. Will take another look, is there anything in particular missing?
(2015-01-17, 18:18)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 11:51)doeppi Wrote: That's right, I'm running OpenELEC on an RPi...no spinner here! Why is that?

BigNoid has the spinner hidden for rpi, I'm guessing it must not be able to handle the animation when it is "working."

You can test it by editing out the visibility condition in DialogBusy.xml.

(2015-01-17, 17:07)Edworld Wrote: bryanbrazil:

Here is his link

I actually started with Warner306's mod, then added some stuff from Steveb's original. Will take another look, is there anything in particular missing?

I believe you are missing what i would call a menu bar. Your mod in the videodialoginfo page has "movies" only. Steve added movies, tvshows, sets etc. His mod also added functionality to extendedinfo
(2015-01-17, 19:35)Edworld Wrote: I believe you are missing what i would call a menu bar. Your mod in the videodialoginfo page has "movies" only. Steve added movies, tvshows, sets etc. His mod also added functionality to extendedinfo

Ah, ok, that's because I'm using Warner306's mod. You have to press on the TV Shows button above the movies list to switch to tv shows. Same for Biography/Youtube, Fanart/Thumbnail. This version has more content than Steveb's, as far as I can tell.
Just pushed a white theme to git, it will be available in the next version. If you want to test it out before then, you will have to build the texture file. This is a full theme, so you have to change the Theme option in Settings --> Appearance, not just the Color.

Update: Here's the .xbt file to drop in your media folder if you don't want to build it...

White.zip

Thanks for the continued development on the skin, all very welcome. I like the look of the white theme very much. Having never played around with themes am i correct in thinking to build the textures on Linux i would have to compile kodi to get the texturepacker tool that's then needed?

On a couple of other unimportant but aesthetic things i've noticed. Play back of a recorded TV programs - to keep inline with other views when selecting info during playback the bottom panel would look more complete if it had the program summary text displayed as it would whilst playing movies from the library or a live tv show. Not earth shattering but would make everything match.

Albums - Not sure when it was removed but when viewing an album info I notice the actual disc art is no longer displayed. Again, its not overly needed for the user but it does leave a rather large blank space in the top left hand corner of the screen. I can understand the animated disc art during playback being distracting but this did complete the album info view well.
Not sure about Linux, I use the TexturePacker.exe. I'll upload the xbt file when I get a chance.

Will check the now playing info for recordings...

If you set your music path in skin settings, artist logos will be displayed where cdART used to be. I don't see disc art returning to Mimic.
(2015-01-18, 00:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure about Linux, I use the Texture Packer.exe. I'll upload the xbt file when I get a chance.

Thanks for that. Yes, i've just found info and you have to compile Kodi to get it.

Quote:Will check the now playing info for recordings...

Many thanks.

Quote:If you set your music path in skin settings, artist logos will be displayed where cdART used to be. I don't see disc art returning to Mimic.

No problem with that and can understand the lack of need for actual CD art, logo would fill the gap nicely. I've just downloaded some logos using CDartmanager as never bother with them before but nothing is showing in the info panel? i've pointed the skin settings option to the main parent directory of my music library, should this instead point to the CDart download directory if its different? Can't seem to get logos to show either way.
Scrub last bit of that post. It wasn't downloading logos where I thought it was. All is working fine now. Point the path to the directory that CDArtManager saves them to if using this add on and its different to normal music library path and all works fine.
Bryanbrazil:

Question: Under views:fanart I see that the movie ratings is represented in stars. Are the stars based on IMDB rating or is it based on moviedatabase?

If based on IMDB what do I need to change to show the imdb rating instead of stars? and what file?

thanks
Hi, and thanks for your skin!
It is currently by far the best skin for kodi.
I am currently running it with the hack to show widgets without pressing "up", even with the animation glitches. Can you please not give up on this feature? Making the widgets show all the time, and having recents show without one extra press I think would increase the usability...
Thanks again.
(2015-01-18, 03:41)Edworld Wrote: Bryanbrazil:

Question: Under views:fanart I see that the movie ratings is represented in stars. Are the stars based on IMDB rating or is it based on moviedatabase?

If based on IMDB what do I need to change to show the imdb rating instead of stars? and what file?

thanks
Yeah, it's imdb rating. You would need to change it in View_XXX_Fanart.xml.
Offtopic: XXX Fanart sounds interesting Big Grin
(2015-01-18, 13:51)djstallion Wrote: Offtopic: XXX Fanart sounds interesting Big Grin

+1
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9