Android False live-tv size 4:3 instead of 16:9
Hello,

with the new Kodi helix rc2 version on my tronsmart rk3288, have I the follow problem.
All hardware- acceleration is activ
All h264 live-tv ist fine and the correct size 16:9
But
All my normal sd mpg2 channels is playing in 4:3 Huh

If I deactivated the hardware-accel. then is the size correct 16:9, but stuttered.

Have anyone the same problem?
I have the same problem! All HD channels are displayed correctly in 16:9 but SD is crushed into 4.3 format. Using Kodi RC3 on Amazon FireTV with DVBLink IPTV Server on a Synology NAS.

Cheers, Thorsten
Mmm... Strange. Should had been solved for mediacodec in RC3.
What about with libstagefright only?
(2014-12-10, 13:02)Koying Wrote: Mmm... Strange. Should had been solved for mediacodec in RC3.
What about with libstagefright only?

I using libstagefright only. Have unchecked mediacodec, because of some user hints that the TV motion runs smoother without it. Should I test with mediacodec again?
Have just installed the nightly build from today but not tested yet.

Thorsten
Yes, please test with mediacodec to confirm it's ok there.
(2014-12-10, 13:24)Koying Wrote: Yes, please test with mediacodec to confirm it's ok there.

Ok, give me a couple of minutes please
(2014-12-10, 13:24)Koying Wrote: Yes, please test with mediacodec to confirm it's ok there.

Confirmed, with mediacodec the aspect ratio is now 16:9 as it should be :-)

But couldn't check if the picture motion is affected by the mediacodec. As I told you before some users reported stuttering effects when using the mediacodec. Do you know this issues and possible solution?

Thanks again, Thorsten
Well, there's been a bunch of patches to mediacodec lately, especially one solving a stuttering effect (but on Nexus Player), so it's worth giving it a try.
(2014-12-10, 13:46)Koying Wrote: Well, there's been a bunch of patches to mediacodec lately, especially one solving a stuttering effect (but on Nexus Player), so it's worth giving it a try.

Ok, will give you a feedback later on!
ok mediacodec works fine but!!! when you enter the OSD/channel information while a TV channel plays, the video in the background is stuttering. This happens just with mediacodec, with libstagefright no problems.
Same problem here, with libstagefright playback is ok but SD channels are forced to 4:3 with mediacodec playback stutters.
Hi there,

I've just upgraded my SPMC 14.1 install on my FireTV's to 15.2 RC2 and I'm seeing this issue, it's resolved if I untick libstagefright hardware acceleration, however surely that means I'm loosing that hardware acceleration for other formats.

I also have a Sony Android TV running 15.2 RC2 that plays the videos fine with libstagefright enabled so it's related to the FireTVs alone.

Cheers

mini
Hi, reviving old thread

I have this issue on my nvidia shield tv running kodi from google play (16.1 i believe).
In hardware acceleration menu i can enable/disable mediacodec (surface) and mediacodec.
If i disable mediacodec, aspect ratio is correct but i get studder on some 1080p movies and on 4k demo channel.

Any suggestions?

/Jerry
Is this still an issue in Kodi 18 for some with the Shield?

I only get it on MPEG2 SD Streams.

I posted something similar in another thread, but the symptoms/details of what I'm seeing are well explained in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
False live-tv size 4:3 instead of 16:90