Nice job with Kodi
It's been a while since I've used XBMC; went JRiver for a while but Kodi has brought me back.

It works spectacularly on my Mac mini 2011. I had stopped using it simply because way back when it would not properly set the audio output to be the same as source. After some extensive testing with 192/24 2-channel flacs, 96/24 multi-channel, etc... all work perfectly and my Oppo reports receiving the proper channels and sample rate from the mac mini. JRiver can't do that (at least not on OS X)

I'm equally impressed by the video playback now. I'm feeding it from the mac into the Oppo BDP-105's HDMI input and Kodi properly sets the refresh rate to be same as the source video.

The only two missing features for me:

1: DTS-MA decoding. I know, I know. But using the dll that you all know about, JRiver, MakeMKV, et. al. (even on OS X!) can decode DTS-MA. Wish there was something similar on Kodi

2: MVC 3D/MKV support. So many 3D movies... still have to pop the disc in. Most may not care, but with proper calibration and a good set with active shutter glasses the experience rocks.

Anyway - Just wanted to say congrats and thanks! Kodi rocks!
DTS-HD and TrueHD output is a limitation of Mac OSX operating system. Kodi can still decode DTS-HD and TrueHD to their lossy formats (DTS and ac3 respectively).

Until there is an open source MVC implementation it won't be possible to play Bluray ISOs.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-12-07, 00:58)lrusak Wrote: DTS-HD and TrueHD output is a limitation of Mac OSX operating system. Kodi can still decode DTS-HD and TrueHD to their lossy formats (DTS and ac3 respectively).

Until there is an open source MVC implementation it won't be possible to play Bluray ISOs.

Oh I know. I'm ok with decoding to LPCM, which ffmpeg does just fine for TrueHD. The Mac Mini will output 8 channels in 24 bit/192 just fine (actually, I've only ever seen 192/24 2-channel; all my 8 channel titles are capped at 48 and 6 channel titles at 96).

MakeMKV uses the dtsdecoderdll.dll from a commercial package to decode DTS-MA and repackage into FLAC; lossless -> lossless. So I keep both the original DTS-MA track and also package into FLAC due to OSX CoreAudio limitations.

LPCM is fine with me. if you could link in the dtsdecoder, it would mean I could save some on disk space and dump the FLAC track

BTW - the other thing I hate about JRiver is the scraper. for tv shows, they do not allow DVD Order as Kodi does. I can't tell you how annoying this is for TV series (read: Firefly, StarTrek The Original Series) where the broadcast order was just plain stupid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nice job with Kodi0