Live and Recorded TV not working on Android
Hello,

I love the program and have had great success with it overall. I have my main PC setup with WMC and the serverwmc program. I am able to use it through media browser as well as xbmc installed on my windows laptop and windows tablet. Things work great on those.

I installed xbmc onto my fire tablet and fire tv as well as enabling the serverwmc add-on. Things appear to work in that the EPG loads as well as the list of recorded tv shows. When I go to play a live tv channel or a recorded tv it doesn't play. When doing the live tv a message pops up saying the channel could not be played. Nothing appears to happen when selecting recorded tv. In both instances I notice that on the main pc with the server wmc box open that under the status tab it shows up briefly under active streams. I have played around with the hardware acceleration options in xbmc but that has seemed to make no difference. I have included the link to my log. In this case I ran a live tv and recorded tv on my dell tablet (where things work) and then followed up with my fire tablet (where they didn't).

I see error messages but am not sure what they mean. All devices are connected to the same wifi network in the home. One thing that seems odd to me is that under the status tab of the serverwmc program it shows the kindle client as 192.168.1.1. That is the address of the router. The dell tablet shows up as dell. I don't know if that's related to the issue or not. It just seemed odd.

Thanks in advance for the help!

here is the log file:
http://pastebin.com/HVcDLc5L
Your non windows client can't access the share

This is the path the client is trying to access

smb://CLINTI7-PC/Recorded TV2/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.1.1_Digital Cable_722_2014_12_07_18_15_12.ts

you need to ensure it can resolve the hostname and also that it can access the share. You would normally need to specify user/pwd in ServerWMC of a windows user that had permission on the share. ServerWMC will then include the credentials in the smb url for the client to use

Also it seems like you are running an old pvr.wmc (2.93)?the latest should already come with XBMC Gotham
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thank you so much for your help.

I had tried the username and password before but it still wasn't working. I noticed that ES FIle Explorer was also having issue connecting to my PC from my tablet.

I changed some permission settings on the PC, rebooted everything, and now everybody talks nice to each other and I now have Live TV and Recorded TV on all of my devices.

Thank you again for a wonderful program and excellent support!

Clint

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live and Recorded TV not working on Android0