Kodi playing 1920 x 1080 as 1919 x 1080?
Yes, that's a good idea!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Are there any reports of other televisions/monitors with similar "minor" errors?

Because at the set's native 4K resolution, the calculated error grows to 2 pixels too narrow. And to make it more fun, the stated 4096x2160 pixel aspect results in a screen 2 pixels too wide! Can't imagine what Sony was thinking.......
Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/BaseRenderer.cpp b/xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/BaseRenderer.cpp
index 83c3adb..1d5b7a4 100644
--- a/xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/BaseRenderer.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/BaseRenderer.cpp
@@ -443,6 +443,13 @@ void CBaseRenderer::CalcNormalDisplayRect(float offsetX, float offsetY, float sc
   newWidth *= zoomAmount;
   newHeight *= zoomAmount;

+  // if we are only one pixel off
+  // use the complete screen instead
+  if (newWidth > screenWidth - 2)
+    newWidth = screenWidth;
+  if (newHeight > screenHeight - 2)
+    newHeight = screenHeight;
+
   // Centre the movie
   float posY = (screenHeight - newHeight) / 2;
   float posX = (screenWidth - newWidth) / 2;

I will test at home first.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5922 This fixes the issue. I tested it with 1.000512 as hard pixel ratio.
Fritsch....

If I want look into my logfile (I know where to look for), does it matter if a AVR is between the HTPC and the monitor? The log reports the AVR as HDMI device and I have plugged a Pj and a TV on it. Should there be different infos in the log then or should I test by plugging the HTPC directly to the displaying devices to get proper info?

Greets
Check for us if there is a difference :-)
ok, will do Wink
Just for the note...

If your AVR doesn´t touch the signal, it reports back the same pixel ratio as your TV/Pj.

I got a funny little bug...selfmade, by a splitter that I use, because my AVR has only one HDMI out. This splitter changes the pixel ration form 1.000239 to 1.000658. The first is that, what the TV reports if I plug my HTPC directly to the TV. After I disconnected the splitter, the AVR reports the same as the TV.

So..no difference anymore. Only thing is, that the TV supports not a 1.0000 pixel ratio. But I don´t see any issue. Maybe I will test more if I will find the time.

Greets

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi playing 1920 x 1080 as 1919 x 1080?0