Bug PVR WMC disabled after "Reset the PVR Database"
I'm running Helix RC1 (OpenElec 4.97.1) on a Raspberry Pi and I notice that every time I "Reset the PVR Database" within the Live TV Settings menu, the PVR WMC client becomes a Disabled Add-On after previously working just fine. Can someone else confirm this or see if it occurs beyond RPi land or with other PVR clients before I gather logs and submit as a bug? Thanks.
I know you're asking for someone else to test but I'm not able to, however if you post a Kodi debug log I'll certainly have a look as soon as I see it
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I have seen a number of problems with the current pvr client getting disabled. I can confirm that resetting the PVR database does disable pvr.wmc. For some reason the code for managing PVR client addons is different from other addons. It seems very fragile to me. If I have TV problem, first thing I look for is something disabled pvr.wmc or something forced enable tv to "off". Looking at the log I see:

Code:
14:29:23 T:5488   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRDatabase::DeleteClients - deleting all clients from the database
14:29:23 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager::ResetDatabase - PVR and EPG database cleared
14:29:24 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager::ResetDatabase - restarting the PVRManager
14:29:24 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
14:29:24 T:1960  NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
14:29:24 T:6884  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
14:29:24 T:6884   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'PVR WMC Client'

And in fact pvr.wmc is in the cleaned database as a client. I'm guessing at some point in the clean up it's disabling pvr.wmc. Looks like a Kodi bug to me.

scott s.
I agree Scott, at least I can't think of anyway we could cause this bug in pvr.wmc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-11, 02:36)scott967 Wrote: I have seen a number of problems with the current pvr client getting disabled. I can confirm that resetting the PVR database does disable pvr.wmc. For some reason the code for managing PVR client addons is different from other addons. It seems very fragile to me. If I have TV problem, first thing I look for is something disabled pvr.wmc or something forced enable tv to "off". Looking at the log I see:

Code:
14:29:23 T:5488   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRDatabase::DeleteClients - deleting all clients from the database
14:29:23 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager::ResetDatabase - PVR and EPG database cleared
14:29:24 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager::ResetDatabase - restarting the PVRManager
14:29:24 T:5488  NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
14:29:24 T:1960  NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
14:29:24 T:6884  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
14:29:24 T:6884   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'PVR WMC Client'

And in fact pvr.wmc is in the cleaned database as a client. I'm guessing at some point in the clean up it's disabling pvr.wmc. Looks like a Kodi bug to me.

scott s.
Thanks Scott. Was this on the Pi? Which OS? Just want to see if it's all builds of Kodi.
(2014-12-12, 04:56)giant25 Wrote: Thanks Scott. Was this on the Pi? Which OS? Just want to see if it's all builds of Kodi.

Win 7 x64

scott s.
I can't get pvr.wmc 0.2.99 to work at all in Openelec 4.97.1 or 4.97.2 on my RPI and 0.3.107 seems to be a bad file format to install from zip.
I have not reset my PVR Database in the RPI or the Win 7 x86, Win 7 seems to work ok.

Well this is odd; I just reset the PVR database on the RPI Openelec. Now pvr.wmc shows as 0.3.108 it is configured and enabled but "TV" still does not show on the banner.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=373409
H'mm, I just switched to the Eminence skin. pvr.wmc seems to work now. And switched back to Confluence and it still works! ServerWMC reports to System Info now as the PVR service.

As far as I can tell that was all the difference. No new updates, still OpenELEC 4.97.25.0/Kodi 14.0 rc3 compiled Dec. 9,2014
Don't know but at least for me on Win 0.3.108 was an "install from zip", not in the installed pvr addons. Opened ticket 15610 on trac.

scott s.
It appears that PR #6064 may be a fix for this.

scott s.
Thanks for updating Scott.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR WMC disabled after "Reset the PVR Database"0