• 16(current)
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
Thanks. Not too bothered about auto switching as I can hit a button. And I don't have much mvc stuff.quite happy for projector to do the sbs processing. Looks like I will probably be buying the c1+ now it has the cec fully sorted and the full size hdmi.
(2015-07-25, 13:22)nikc0069 Wrote: quite happy for projector to do the sbs processing.
Yeah - the Pi / Pi 2 still lets the projector do the processing I think - it just flags SBS/TAB correctly over HDMI to automatically trigger the display processing rather than requiring manual switching.

Really surprised me when I decided to play with 3D on our new TV!
Just been testing Kodi Isengard 15.1 on the new C1 Linux Frame Rate Automation Kernel running Ubuntu 14.04 this time.

Results (when booted at 1080p24Hz): smooth playback with no 41 second video frame glitch plus I can now watch HEVC files in Ubuntu without using MX Player for badly encoded ones like I do in Android. Same performance as the new Android Kernel. Big Grin

But, and there is always a but dammit. Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching is not working.
Maybe the AMlogic Refresh Switching hack in Kodi Android code did not make into Kodi Ubuntu ?

Fritsch, Koying, Anyone able to help or point to the Commit involved ?

I did not do the compiling for this release.

(2015-07-25, 13:28)noggin Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 13:22)nikc0069 Wrote: quite happy for projector to do the sbs processing.
Yeah - the Pi / Pi 2 still lets the projector do the processing I think - it just flags SBS/TAB correctly over HDMI to automatically trigger the display processing rather than requiring manual switching.

The pi does send the 3d in framepacking which the display picks up for switching to 3d mode. No loss of resolution with 1080 mvc video. But really its tricky to tell the difference to my eyes.
(2015-07-25, 13:22)nikc0069 Wrote: Looks like I will probably be buying the c1+ now it has the cec fully sorted and the full size hdmi.
I don't use CEC as my TV is too old has not implemented it properly. Just be aware that AMlogic CEC control is handled by the Kernel and not by a libCEC / open-source dual licensed library like it is for say an RPi2. The AMlogic implementation is not as advanced as the open sourced stuff and consequently does not fully support as wide a range of TV's and AVR's yet.

Noggin would be able to test it out on his new Sony 4K TV ?

(2015-07-25, 13:46)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 13:22)nikc0069 Wrote: Looks like I will probably be buying the c1+ now it has the cec fully sorted and the full size hdmi.
I don't use CEC as my TV is too old has not implemented it properly. Just be aware that AMlogic CEC control is handled by the Kernel and not by a libCEC / open-source dual licensed library like it is for say an RPi2. The AMlogic implementation is not as advanced as the open sourced stuff and consequently does not fully support as wide a range of TV's and AVR's yet.

Any known issues with cec on a demon amp and Samsung TV combo?
Samsung / Anynet + TV's are definitely supported. Not sure about a Denon Amp.
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=e..._note_v1.3

I think people with other TV's also have reported partial CEC control.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...250#p91153

Also note the CEC Menu like you see inside Kodi on an RPi will not work as CEC control is not done through the libCEC library.

(2015-07-25, 13:40)nikc0069 Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 13:28)noggin Wrote:

The pi does send the 3d in framepacking which the display picks up for switching to 3d mode. No loss of resolution with 1080 mvc video. But really its tricky to tell the difference to my eyes.

Yes - I know it does this with 3D MVC content - but I didn't think it did it with HSBS/TAB ?

My understanding is that for 3D HSBS/HTAB it doesn't scale and output frame packed, but instead outputs a normal HSBS/HTAB 1920x1080 or 1280x720 signal, but with additional flags that trigger the TV to go into SBS/TAB mode automatically.
(2015-07-25, 13:46)wrxtasy Wrote:

I only use CEC for Kodi to control my AV amp volume, I don't use it for remote control of Kodi for a couple of reasons.

1. I need more buttons than the Sony remote has for day-to-day Kodi control (particularly for subtitles and sound track selection)
2. I also have a Sky HD box, and this now uses CEC to automatically switch HDMI inputs on the TV when you switch it on (Just like the old days of SCART status pins!) However this then means the TV sends CEC commands to the Sky box (which it ignores) and thus the remote control stops operating as a pure TV remote. And this is really annoying. So I've switched CEC output from the TV to devices off.

I can report that the Pi / Pi 2 remotely control my Onkyo AVRs volume control very well. (You adjust volume in Kodi and it sends the volume control signal to the amp rather than altering the output level from the Pi / Pi 2)
I can report that in OpenElec on the C1 I don't get, by default, any CEC control of my Onkyo amp. I haven't dug into any menus.

Thinking about it - I'm pretty certain that my old Sony HD set (40W4000) does control the C1 via CEC - as I have used that in the past with the C1 and it did work. I think. Will check this weekend when I'm near that TV.
(2015-07-25, 13:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Just been testing Kodi Isengard 15.1 on the new C1 Linux Frame Rate Automation Kernel running Ubuntu 14.04 this time.

Results (when booted at 1080p24Hz): smooth playback with no 41 second video frame glitch plus I can now watch HEVC files in Ubuntu without using MX Player for badly encoded ones like I do in Android. Same performance as the new Android Kernel. Big Grin

But, and there is always a but dammit. Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching is not working.
Maybe the AMlogic Refresh Switching hack in Kodi Android code did not make into Kodi Ubuntu ?

Fritsch, Koying, Anyone able to help or point to the Commit involved ?

I did not do the compiling for this release.

Auto refresh rate switching works in OpenElec unofficial builds on the C1 I think - though the 5.0.8 build I tested apparently doesn't do 23.976 just 24.000? So there is a Linux version that works?
EDITBig Grinammit !! After watching a few HEVC files, the damn 41 second issue is still there. Its just a lot more subtle. Looks like the Frame Rate Automation Kernel still has some way to go for Ubuntu.

Yes 23.976/59.94Hz with the new AMlogic - Linux Kernel for Ubuntu 14.04, its just that refresh rate switching does not work so you need to boot at 1080p24Hz and use it just for 23.976fps H264/... Codec / HEVC movies.

Kodi Isengard on Ubuntu 14.04 is nice and quick tho. Better than OpenElec. You can Logout of Ubuntu desktop and log into Kodi and upon the next bootup you go straight into Kodi Isegard Smile

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...530#p98530

So very close...

(2015-07-25, 14:27)noggin Wrote: I can report that in OpenElec on the C1 I don't get, by default, any CEC control of my Onkyo amp. I haven't dug into any menus.
If you have not already done so...
My compile of OpenElec on the C1 needs a bit of text added to the boot.ini file for CEC control to work, see here:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...117#p92029

Speaking of OpenElec and properly synced 23.976/59.94Hz video output.

Hot off my iMac Ubuntu Virtual Box compiler - OpenElec 5.0.8.0 with that new Frame Rate Automation Kernel included.

No more 41 second duplicate video frame glitches with 23.976 video played at 24Hz or 3:2 pulldown judder at 60Hz.
Plays video as smooth as the new Android 24p Linux Kernel now. Smile

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...646#p98646

Smile

(2015-07-26, 17:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Speaking of OpenElec and properly synced 23.976/59.94Hz video output.

Hot off my iMac Ubuntu Virtual Box compiler - OpenElec 5.0.8.0 with that new Frame Rate Automation Kernel included.

No more 41 second duplicate video frame glitches with 23.976 video played at 24Hz or 3:2 pulldown judder at 60Hz.
Plays video as smooth as the new Android 24p Linux Kernel now. Smile

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...646#p98646

Smile

Downloading now - will give it a go!
Haven't had a chance to do much testing, but with the modified boot.ini I get CEC control from my Sony HDTV (a 2007ish 40W4000) to my C1.

Am not getting CEC control of the AVR volume control from the C1 - instead Kodi drops the volume within Kodi. This is not what the Pi 2 does in the same set-up. The Pi 2 alters the AVR amp volume if connected.

Looks as if the C1 CEC implementation in OpenElec is not quite the same as the Pi 2.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051