Solved Add Ons Stop Working After Every Reboot
I am running Kodi 13.2 Gotham on OpenELEC 4.2.1 and I am having this weird problem. Everything was working on an older version of OpenELEC then I updated to this version. I uninstalled all my addons and reinstalled them and everything was working properly.

Then after the first reboot, none of the addons were working. That includes addons through repos I added and even things like YouTube. I wiped the SD card, reinstalled OpenELEC 4.2.1, and a couple of addons. Everything was working. Then after rebooting, the same thing happened again.

Now the only way to get addons to work after a reboot is to uninstall them and reinstall them again. Otherwise clicking on an addon will just show "Loading" or "Working" forever. I tried seaching the forums and the internet for this same problem and I couldn't find any posts with an identical situation.

I feel like I am missing something obvious but I'm new to Kodi/OpenELEC/Raspberry Pi so I'm hoping someone more experienced can help out.
That is really strange. Tell us a little bit more about your setup. What model RPI are your using? What SD card? How are you installing Openelec? How are you connected to the internet? What power supply are you using? Are you using a hub? Any other hardware?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2014-12-11, 13:02)speedwell68 Wrote: That is really strange. Tell us a little bit more about your setup. What model RPI are your using? What SD card? How are you installing Openelec? How are you connected to the internet? What power supply are you using? Are you using a hub? Any other hardware?

I'm using:

1- Raspberry Pi Model B+.
2- Samsung MicroSD 8GB that came preloaded with NOOBs.
3- Connected to the internet by ethernet (via the router)
4- Power supply is this guy here.
5- NOthing is permanently connected to the Rpi. Occasionally I connect a USB flash memory directly to it (no hub).

The SD card has two partitions, a 128 MB and a 7.19 GB. What makes this really weird is that everything was working properly.

Thanks for your help.
Is the result the same if you installed Openelec from scratch instead of using Noobs? Is the result the same if you use RaspBMC?
So I tried every setting and mode of installation under the sun for OpenElec and kept getting the same problem. I also tried several versions including the new release candidate(4.97) and all that didn't help.

Then I tried RaspBMC and bingo! Everything works!

Thanks again, speedwell68.
(2014-12-12, 10:44)Xali Wrote: So I tried every setting and mode of installation under the sun for OpenElec and kept getting the same problem. I also tried several versions including the new release candidate(4.97) and all that didn't help.

Then I tried RaspBMC and bingo! Everything works!

Thanks again, speedwell68.

There is obviously something about your setup that Openelec does not like. It would be good to see if Openelec works correctly using a different SD card.
Have you tried to wait for network before starting xbmc?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm experiencing the exact same problem, so can't see it being specific to the OP's SD card. Youtube, PBS, whatever video addon, navigates and plays video just like it should on a clean install of OpenElec. Once restarted, all video addons stop working--I've waited it out and the addon will keep loading for quite some time before it freezes up the whole system. Only an uninstall/reinstall gets an addon to start working again, until the next reboot of course.

Seems to be an issue w/ 13.2 OpenElec. I installed it about 2 months ago, (unlike the OP I didn't uninstall/reinstall anything, just pushed through the update manually from 13.1 which had been working flawlessly) and it then caused my Pi to slowly degrade performance-wise and eventually just crash immediately after playback. See my earlier thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210870 And seems I'm not the only one: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...-on-4-97-1 I'm curious if the OP from the openelec.tv thread hasn't rebooted his system yet after the clean install. Until I rebooted, I thought I'd fixed my problems too, but now I have this instead.
Would be interesting to see the output from dmesg and a debug log once the problem has started.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'd be happy to provide, and certainly don't want to just come on here and complain instead. I just haven't had the time yet, but hopefully can do so sometime this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Ons Stop Working After Every Reboot0