xbmcbuntu hdmi audio problem
I have upgraded from the ubuntu minimal xbmc (frodo) install to the latest xbmcbuntu (gotham 13.2).

Sound from the TV speakers using HDMI works fine. However I get no sound from the analogue (RCA aka PHONO) connectors to my amp from the TV. This worked with frodo. It doesn't work with gotham. I have read there is a recommendation to feed the amp directly then feed the TV but as the amp has no hdmi this isn't going to happen in my life time.

All settings seem to match the previous frodo install which worked flawlessly. Having spent the last week trying to get this to work I am beginning to lose faith.

Any ideas?
I dont think this is an xbmc issue. It might be a setting on your tv. Which device are you using as the xbmc client? Does it have a S/PDIF or a Toslink? If yes, I would recommend those for the connection to your avr as you wont get any digital sound with the analog outputs from the tv and miss a lot of good movie sound.
Thanks for the reply.

I had also considered the possibility that it was a tv setting but having spent some time checking, this is not the case. I wouldn't expect to get digital sound as these are analogue phono sockets. I had sound with frodo but not gotham. Looks like I'll have to revert back to the ubuntu minimal/frodo install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu hdmi audio problem0