XBMC on Fire Tv home
I downloaded SPMC from Amazon and installed on my fire tv, it shows up on my home screen. I then side loaded Kodi RC3 and installed, side loaded Llama and installed. Used Llama to change SPMC to Kodi when starting SPMC icon from home page taking me right into Kodi, works great! Anyone know how to change the icon to Kodi on home page?
I cannot find a Llama apk file to push load to the fire tv. Could you send me a copy? Or tell me where to get it. Also, Amazon now will not let me have a SPMC install. Do you have an apk file I can sideload with ??
Have you tried googling "SPMC"? or "Llama Fire TV"?

Have you checked out the Kodi wiki?
Yes, but in some cases got lots of extras sent my way and in others got a zip file that had everything in it but the kitchen sink and an apk file.Sad
(2014-12-14, 07:06)fisherman55 Wrote: I downloaded SPMC from Amazon and installed on my fire tv, it shows up on my home screen. I then side loaded Kodi RC3 and installed, side loaded Llama and installed. Used Llama to change SPMC to Kodi when starting SPMC icon from home page taking me right into Kodi, works great! Anyone know how to change the icon to Kodi on home page?

This sounds wrong. If you want to use KODI, you do not need SPMC at all, or vice versa. You can change the icon for an app using the Fire TV Utility, typically people load IkonoTV, change the ICON for it with FTV Utility, then use Llama to start KODI when the IkonoTV with the KODI logo is selected, instead of just starting IkonoTV.
Sounds right but I cannot get Llama into my FTV utility. Tried pushing what was purported to be a Llama apk file using adb pusher but it does not show up on the "manage applications" menu of FTV. Talked to Amazon Techie and he says they're not putting Llama in keys anymore to discourage use of Kodi! Bummer !!
FTV utility already comes with Llama apk ready to go. Just connect and hit the Llama install button.
Thanks to everyone, I finally succeeded in pushing it using the adbfire tool. Just went to the Llama options button and clicked the right actions and it worked. Llama showed up on the FTVK applications utility menu. Launched it and it seems to be working

BTW, The Amazon techie I talked to on the phone said they were not loading the Llama app onto the keys anymore to discourage use of Kodi/XBMC to get free stuff. Again, I'm done on this issue and appreciate all the great input!! Cheers Smile
This is a random question but made me think based on the OP question. I know you can get the SPMC.apk from the SPMC site, which I did. I sideloaded, but I don't get a homescreen icon from SPMC, I had to setup the Llama redirect. OP said:

(2014-12-14, 07:06)fisherman55 Wrote: I downloaded SPMC from Amazon and installed on my fire tv, it shows up on my home screen.

If you sideload the SPMC version purchased from the Amazon App Store, is that different somehow from the SPMC version on the SPMC site which gives you an icon on the FTV? Can anyone else confirm you get a home screen icon from the Amazon SPMC version? I'd love to ditch the Llama shortcut if I could.

Secondary question, how do you download SPMC directly from Amazon. When I purchase it there is no download link, it just wants to send to a device but since the FTVs don't support SPMC from the Amazon store it seems to deadend.
I tried to have the SPMC app directly loaded by Amazon to FTK but it was denied. They will not install directly.
(2015-01-23, 21:11)Shen2000 Wrote: Sounds right but I cannot get Llama into my FTV utility. Tried pushing what was purported to be a Llama apk file using adb pusher but it does not show up on the "manage applications" menu of FTV. Talked to Amazon Techie and he says they're not putting Llama in keys anymore to discourage use of Kodi! Bummer !!

Really? Who did you talk to? Normal phone support? I would be very interested in setting the record straight with them.
Yes, spoke with their "phone support" guy on the phone yesterday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Fire Tv home0