Fire TV Stick network issues
This is a great forum and has been tremendously helpful for me.

I bought a Fire TV Stick from Best Buy. I had no problems installing XBMC, Llama, etc... I do have the 720p problems, but mostly I was SD level videos and I am fine with that. After about 3+ weeks, my Fire Stick started losing network connection. I could be on the Home screen and it would drop the network. I tried a different power adapter since that can be a common failing. That is not the problem. I went to the Amazon Discussions forum and it is not an uncommon problem. Amazon customer support were great and in a few minutes they shipped me out another one. Hopefully this unit will not have the same problems. I am not looking forward to spending all the time and trouble to get the new one installed and tweaked only to have it start having problems in a couple of weeks.

I am sharing this for informational purposes. This forum has been a great help for me. If you start experiencing the same problems, don't hesitate to contact Amazon and get a new one. They were very quick and courteous to me.
Just to follow up, I did receive my replacement stick yesterday. They shipped it very quickly. It came in a manila envelope and was the stick only. I had to hold down the HOME button for several seconds before it would pair with my old remote. I check the ABOUT screen on both the old and new unit and I can not see that there is any difference revision wise. I backed up my original tweaked XBMC Gotham version and tried to restore it to the new stick. None of the addons worked though. I would only get empty frames when I selected them so I uninstalled it and started from scratch.

I did find a story that says Amazon is releasing an update to the software. It should be available in a few days if not sooner.

http://www.aftvnews.com/fire-tv-stick-re...-54-1-0-2/
I don't think this is very likely, but I really hope this update fixes the blurry and jaggy video issue with Kodi.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209589
I checked for the update last night and it was not available. I will post a follow up once I do the update. I have several titles online that are jaggy I can try. I don't think it is likely either but what the heck!
Just to let you know that I've already installed the new update and the blurriness and jagginess issues are far gone. Fire TV Stick is now a very capable device for its price (got mine at 24.99 USD).

(2014-12-20, 01:22)baruchin Wrote: Just to let you know that I've already installed the new update and the blurriness and jagginess issues are far gone. Fire TV Stick is now a very capable device for its price (got mine at 24.99 USD).

Confirmed!! Holy crap that's a surprise.

(2014-12-15, 19:25)lespaul Wrote: This is a great forum and has been tremendously helpful for me.

I bought a Fire TV Stick from Best Buy. I had no problems installing XBMC, Llama, etc... I do have the 720p problems, but mostly I was SD level videos and I am fine with that. After about 3+ weeks, my Fire Stick started losing network connection. I could be on the Home screen and it would drop the network. I tried a different power adapter since that can be a common failing. That is not the problem. I went to the Amazon Discussions forum and it is not an uncommon problem. Amazon customer support were great and in a few minutes they shipped me out another one. Hopefully this unit will not have the same problems. I am not looking forward to spending all the time and trouble to get the new one installed and tweaked only to have it start having problems in a couple of weeks.

I am sharing this for informational purposes. This forum has been a great help for me. If you start experiencing the same problems, don't hesitate to contact Amazon and get a new one. They were very quick and courteous to me.

Mine dropped the network for the first time the other day. Of course it was the first time it was being used by my mother in law while she was baby sitting... I had to reboot it to get it to reconnect. Keep us updated. I'll report any issues as well.
I applied the update to my Fire Stick that was having network issues. It is too early to be certain but I have not had network issues since the update. It looks like the update fixed the HD video problems and hopefully the connection drop outs.
I had the network drop off again tonight. This time it was after having it paused for several minutes while watching Netflix. Obviously that shouldn't be Kodi related, but still relevant to the thread. Does anyone know where I can log this issue with amazon, I didn't get the stick from Amazon directly.
im having the same problem with the network dropping.. there is a 35 page thread on amazon about the complaint.
Make sure you have updated to the latest software. It helps. I still have the problems from time to time. It will be solid for weeks and then start having problems again. None of my other wireless devices, and I have several, ever have the same issue. Good luck.
I just got it, shouldn't it have the latest software on it?

If not how do go about checking/installing latest software.

At my place the stuck doesn't work at all but at my gf it works great but this is the real first night of using it.
The first time you start up the Fire Stick, it should check for the latest update. You are probably OK there.
If it is not working at all, it is possible you did not get your wireless password entered correctly. Since this is your first use of the remote, it would be an easy mistake to make.
Make certain you are using the HDMI extender cable. I have to install mine on a side HDMI connector on my TV and then make sure it is sticking out from the edge. I have a free HDMI on the back of the TV, which is really where I would prefer it, but it doesn't get a reliable connection from that port.

hang in there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick network issues0