Solved Sort music by mood/Extend SmartPlaylist's ability to read out tagged mood
Hi,

are there any plans when browsing for mood becomes implemented in Kodi?
I can only get this to work by typing in the mood I want to filter for and using "contains"
Is this correct?

Thx in advance
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Unfortunately the PR with the Mood browsing like Genre is closed, it seems that mkortstiege decided not to finish it, it sounded like it turned out more work than initially expected. As a "music guy" it is something I might pick up in the future if I have time and there is user interest. The basics of making mood visible on the Song Info dialog is something I will do.

Unlike Genre, multiple Mood values is stored as a single string e.g. "AAA / BBB / CCC", so yes the only way to filter for it is using "contains" unless you only have single mood values.
Would it be possible to extend mood tag reading to include FLAC files as well? I currently have this working for my MP3's, but they make up less than half of my music library.

I'm really enjoying this feature, thanks!
(2016-01-18, 06:40)perfectcolors Wrote: Would it be possible to extend mood tag reading to include FLAC files as well? I currently have this working for my MP3's, but they make up less than half of my music library.

Thanks for the reminder! I noticed mood tag processing was missing from FLAC files, then forgot to do anything about it. Will fix for Krypton.
(2016-01-18, 06:40)perfectcolors Wrote: Would it be possible to extend mood tag reading to include FLAC files as well? I currently have this working for my MP3's, but they make up less than half of my music library.

PR raised to do this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8905
Hey that was quick, much appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for a build that includes this change Smile
You're welcome. I had spotted the omission, but forgot to fix it. Don't get your hopes up I will always be that fast. I haven't merged it yet, give others a chance to comment, but it will be in the nightlies once I do.

There is a change to song info dialog in the works too, and that will make mood visible on that dialog as well.
Since this is being worked on I decided to check if mood tags were being picked up from iTunes MP4 files as well and it appears that they aren't. Would it make sense to add support for this format along with the others?

Here's the internal tag name according to MusicBrainz Picard:

Code:
----:com.apple.iTunes:MOOD
Well spotted, yes it makes perfect sense, that should be there too. I'll add it to the PR. Thanks
Hi,

the Krypton blog entry says that there is now support for mood tags.
Does this mean that it should be finally possible to browse by moods or is it still saved as a string?
For me at least there is no difference to Jarvis right now but maybe I just do something wrong!?

Thanks
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
No mood is not codified, just read is as a string. The changes since Jarvis were minor: to add processing of the MOOD tag in other tag formats, and to display it on the song info dialog. The Krypton blog was written from reading PR titles and trying to summarise

As before implementing a codified use of mood, like genre, is something I might pick up in the future if I have time and there is user interest. The data side is easy, but number of core/UI changes would be needed too to create a "Mood Node" etc.
Ok, thanks for clarifying Smile
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort music by mood/Extend SmartPlaylist's ability to read out tagged mood0