Android Mini PC for Android 4.0
I recently was given a Mini PC for Android 4.0 and was wondering if it will work with XMBC? I have been reading several threads and I'm getting confused and was hoping to get some guidance on this. I am not trying to rob anyone's thread but I'm not sure what to do. Here are the specs that are in the manual.

CPU : Allwinner 1.5ghz (CPU 1.0ghz + GPU 500mhz) Cortex-A8
GPU : 2D/3D/ Open GL ES2.0 (AMD Z430)/Open VG.1.1 (AMD Z160)@27M Tri/sec
Operating system : Android 4.0
Nano Flash : 4GB

When you go into the device settings it has the following.

Model number : SoftwinerEvb
Android version : 4.0.4
Baseband version : 0.5
Kernal version : 3.0.8+

Based on all this info provided, is this device able to run xbmc to stream movies smoothly? Please advise on this matter, thank you.
I see that lots of people have read my post, but nobody has replied. Can anyone assist with this matter?
Install Kodi 14 RC3 Android/ARM and find out Smile
I will give it a try, thank you.
Allwinner support is patchy, as the VPU (which is required for hardware acceleration) has patchy linux support, and Allwinner haven't proved to be the most open source friendly SoC (System on Chip) builder. As a result Kodi support on Allwinner platforms isn't as good as that of other ARM SoCs.
Yes, currently Allwinner is the only company to full support VidOn XBMC, so that VidOn XBMC can play 1080p, 3D, HD Audio and support 1080p HW acceleration. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini PC for Android 4.00