Native bluray support in XBMC
Right now I've been using a batch file and a few other things to launch ArcSoft TMT5 upon selecting Play Disc to blurays. Works well enough, but it seems a convoluted way of doing things.
Now this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=147826) seems to indicate that some level of native bluray support has been enabled for a while now, Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? I figure not all of my blurays will be able to play natively but the more I can accomplish via XBMC alone the better.
XBMC has been able to play Blu-Ray folders, discs and ISOs (UDF) for a few years now. It simply plays the longest playlist on the disc, which is the main movie most of the time. It has issues a small fraction of the time, but it pretty reliable.

BD-J menu support is currently in varying stages of development, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It's VERY iffy and I wouldn't rely on it.

All you need to do is attempt to play the folder, disc or the ISO, XBMC handles the rest. Your Blu-Ray movie has to be decrypted already, or running something like Slysoft AnyDVD HD if you're attempting to play a retail disc in a Blu-Ray drive.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
So then the procedure would be to have AnyDVD running in the background and then simply hit play disc?

What do I do if I want to play one of the shorter portions of the disc? Example, Rush's R40 collection has a bonus disc which includes some miscellaneous recordings throughout the years. The longest file may not be the one I want to watch at a certain time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native bluray support in XBMC0