HD Bitstreaming on WMC player but not xbmc.
hi all,

I am on windows 7 on gotham, i have been using xbmc for a while now, but just last week i had to re-install my windows installation from the image due to my ssd crash.
sadly i did not have xbmc in that previous image. saying so, i have installed the LAV codecs and even tried the shark007 codecs, and choose the option to bitstream various DTS formats, but nothings working on xbmc, however on WMC dts-hdma or truehd works perfectly fine.

here is a screencap of my audio settings page, please guide.

You dont need to install any codecs for xbmc in fact bad idea.

in any case see Windows_audio (wiki) for proper setup info.
What Skin is that as it doesn't look to be Gotham compatible as you are missing the passthrough settings and I can't see the Settings Level toggle, see Settings#New_changes_in_XBMC_v13_Gotham (wiki), to see the passthrough options the Settings Level needs to be at least Advanced, so you might have to revert to Confluence to at least do the settings.
(2014-12-18, 21:46)uNiversal Wrote: You dont need to install any codecs for xbmc in fact bad idea.

in any case see Windows_audio (wiki) for proper setup info.

thanks for replying, i've removed all the codec engines such as LAV and shark007 codecs.
rebooted, and went back to the control panel to configure the sound properties per the wiki link you posted earlier.
so this is what i have exactly set it to.

please note, i am connected via HDMI, on my Denon AV4311CI receiver.

it still doesnt work. on the receiver lcd, this is the screen i see as bitstreaming.
(2014-12-18, 21:58)jjd-uk Wrote: What Skin is that as it doesn't look to be Gotham compatible as you are missing the passthrough settings and I can't see the Settings Level toggle, see Settings#New_changes_in_XBMC_v13_Gotham (wiki), to see the passthrough options the Settings Level needs to be at least Advanced, so you might have to revert to Confluence to at least do the settings.

you are cool. thanks so much, i switched to confluence and i was able to see the bitstreaming option, and was able to set it up.
I am able to get all the formats now.

By the way, i just need help with one more thing. Can i keep these settings? Or is it wrongly configured.

should i check the Dolby Digital Plus (AC3 capable receiver), I have a Denon 4311CI reciever. my htpc is an i7 2600K with 16gb memory on 2gb dedicated ati video card, does the resampling quality set to High is ok?

Also, here
stereo upmix is unchecked, is that ok? or shud i change it?
the output configuration is optimized, is that ok as well, or shud i change it as well. My apologies for all these questions, i have been using XBMC for 3 years now but never the system crashed and i never had to come back to this section to redo something. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Bitstreaming on WMC player but not xbmc.0