Food Network - Script Failed
The Food Network addon started failing the other day. I'm guessing the cause and solution will be the same as the last time; the site has been changed and the plugin needs updating.

Thanks!
New version (2.1.4) has been submitted to the xbmc.org repo. If you can't wait, you can load at:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.foodnetwork
Anyone notice that the Food Network Addon went down?
Any ideas on whats happening?
Also not working for me.
The Food Network website has, once again, changed significantly. From what I can see, the full episodes are no longer available on the www.foodnetwork.com site and have moved to watch.foodnetwork.com . That site requires a cable id to unlock the content. It's not that difficult to handle the cable id, it's just that there are many variations on login for the various cable providers and is probably not worth messing around with. If you have a cable id, you're might be better off using the official android app which can be accessed seamlessly from Kodi - it also now provides the live channel. So there are a few options for the addon I'm thinking about:

1) just providing the clips that are on the www.foodnetwork.com website
2) using the Canada or UK foodnetwork website which are still unprotected for content
3) creating an addon for the watch.foodnetwork.com site which will support maybe the top 3 or 4 cable providers.
4) waiting to see what scripp's is going to do with the website - they locked content up before and then put it back on the unlocked site

For those who are addicted to food TV, you can find The Cooking Channel addon in this forum post which still provides some programs by familiar faces from Food Network:

224107 (thread)
I am able to watch full episodes online at foodnetwork.com. I do not have a cable, sat or fios provider....didn't even ask me to login. I'm not sure if they're using a different method online or what, but it works ont heir site for me
(2015-04-12, 07:45)wildmandan856 Wrote: I am able to watch full episodes online at foodnetwork.com. I do not have a cable, sat or fios provider....didn't even ask me to login. I'm not sure if they're using a different method online or what, but it works ont heir site for me

Yep, I understand why you do. I'll fix this addon later today. Thanks for pointing it out!
Is cablevision or fios one of the providers you are considering adding credentials for?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Please ignore the crap I wrote above. See this new thread for an update: 224195 (thread)
Please use the new thread for any issues and NOT this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Food Network - Script Failed0