Play while XBMC is in background
Hi all. I just jailbroke my iPad, not sure why I waited so long, it was so easy!

I'm looking around at all the JB apps and they're awesome. Then I saw that you can get XBMC for iPad!!!! So great!!!

I love XBMC and hope in the future it is possible to be on every single platform, as it is a marvelous application.

So, here's my biggest problem so far: I have to stay in XBMC in order to play my music! I was hoping to make this my default music player (as it's much much easier to play my files than Apple's music app.

I see lots of people asking this question but see no clear answer. Is this a wip? or is there a solution already? I apologize if this has been answered in the past.

Thx guys for the awesome work you put in to this stuff. You have my full respect and appreciation!
start music playback in xbmc/kodi - hit home - music will be paused - unpause music fromthe control center (ios 8 swipe up fromthe bottom of the screen and hit the play/pause symbol - on ios7 double click the home button and swipe to the very left to see the play/pause button).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hm. Works as you said. Any reason this happens?
Also, I can't play the music on my iPad. I can add the folder but it doesn't see any of the songs.
reason for what?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Why does the music pause when I hit the home button?

Is there any reason the songs on my iPad don't show up in library view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play while XBMC is in background0