HOW TO HARD RESET Minix X8H
Need instructions how to do a reset. Got a virus and am locked out of my Minix running XBMC Gotham on Android 4.4
Even if that were true, this isn't the website to ask for help on general Android issues. We only deal with XBMC/Kodi.
(2014-12-19, 22:27)Ned Scott Wrote: Even if that were true, this isn't the website to ask for help on general Android issues. We only deal with XBMC/Kodi.
Very helpful
(2014-12-19, 21:27)bobinla Wrote: Need instructions how to do a reset. Got a virus and am locked out of my Minix running XBMC Gotham on Android 4.4

(2014-12-20, 05:57)scubascuba3 Wrote: Very helpful

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minix+x8h+recovery
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I understand what you are saying, but feel I am running out of options after already contacted both the person who sold me the Minix (who referred me here) and Minix tech support who can't find record of my registration which I submitted the day after I received their unit. they are unwilling to help without it. And the biggest frustration is that sellers and manufactures don't provide proper operating manuals or instructions for their products. I don't see how they expect people to know how to use what they sell. And even as well intended as forums like this may be, I find using them to be very time consuming for the little useful info I can find for what I need. But not sure what else to do. If any one could provide some useful direction I would be extremely grateful. RolleyesRolleyes
(2014-12-20, 06:40)bobinla Wrote: I understand what you are saying, but feel I am running out of options after already contacted both the person who sold me the Minix (who referred me here) and Minix tech support who can't find record of my registration which I submitted the day after I received their unit. they are unwilling to help without it. And the biggest frustration is that sellers and manufactures don't provide proper operating manuals or instructions for their products. I don't see how they expect people to know how to use what they sell. And even as well intended as forums like this may be, I find using them to be very time consuming for the little useful info I can find for what I need. But not sure what else to do. If any one could provide some useful direction I would be extremely grateful. RolleyesRolleyes

I just did, your best bet is to boot into recovery and reflash the android OS.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
How do I boot into recovery? The Minix shipped without instructions and I am locked out of the system (when I turn it on, the system locks a few seconds after loading.)
Hi,
press the reset button on the back with a pin while powering on. (The small hole)
Or type "reboot recovery" in ADB.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO HARD RESET Minix X8H0