Win Converting to XBMC from WMC
It's good if it's reproducible, at least it's then just a methodical testing process. When it's intermittent/random is alot worse.

How did you play the file through live TV? You should do it just through Videos ->Files in Kodi

And was that the wtv or ts file?

And how about if you play the wtv and ts files on your other Kodi client?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I played it through the Recordings sub menu. I'm not sure which file it was, it didn't show the extension. I'll try playing both on the two different Kodi setups I have when I get home and see what happens. Thank you.
(2014-12-21, 21:57)element192 Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 20:56)jdlive Wrote: If you happen to be using an HDHomeRun Prime to get cable, then setting up ServerWMC to use DLNA will make the channel changing much faster (see the thread below for the how-to). If not, then I'm afraid you're stuck with the delays. Before I switched over to using DLNA, I would actually go back to using WMC if I wanted to "channel surf", i.e. those rare times when I wanted to watch multiple football games or other live events. Most of my other TV watching is via recorded shows, so it's not a big issue.

I actually am using the HDHR Prime, I've read about that but it sounded like you can't use time control with this setup. Am I understanding that wrong? Can I pause a show, come back in a few minutes and fast forward? Or if I want to rewind to see something can I still do that?
What drawbacks have you encountered?

I've had a few oddities pop up, but they could be due to the fact that we're running an RC candidate of Kodi and have nothing to do with this PVR version. Most of the problems I've seen have been related to the EPG. Sometimes when I pull it up while watching Live TV, it's really sluggish on one of my PCs that is an older box with a slower CPU. Then the other day something very odd, I would select a channel in the guide and it would change to the channel that was 2 slots below it? That one hasn't happened again, so I'm guessing it was just a one-off thing.

Haven't really found any other problems, but I've been using this setup (without DLNA) for a while now, so I'm used to it.
element192, one thing you want to check, go into settings > System, under "Video Output" put a "Check" in "-Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" Give that try both ways, with check and without and see if that solves the issue.

This is what solved my flickering issue for me

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@element192

If you played it through the recordings sub menu it was the wtv file that kodi played. TS files are only created on the fly for live-tv and active-recording streams.

If you still have the wtv file (and it isn't crazy large. i.e. > 3GB) consider uploading it to my google drive so I can see what happens on my system. If you do it, please let me know about what time the problem occurs.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Alright just finished my tests. On my non-HTPC both the TS and WTV videos played perfectly fine within Kodi. This was going through Videos -> Files.

When I did the same on my HTPC, BOTH of the files had the flickering issue. When I played the TS file it really tweaked out and my whole screen went scrambled (like the old days) for 2-3 seconds. So it's for sure Kodi on my HTPC it would seem?

@hoopsdavis thanks, I'll give that a try next.

@krustyreturns thanks so much for that, do you still want to take a look even though it wasn't happening on my other PC?

You guys are awesome, thanks for the help trying to get this figured out.
given it works on the same Kodi build on another system it tends to indicate something specific to this system. what hardware do you have in each system? If it came to absolute worst case you could convert your current box into a backend server only, and then build a new client Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
The toggling fullscreen vs. true fullscreen didn't do the trick either...

I wish I could just make it easy and make the working PC a server! But it's just "use it when you need it" PC and doesn't stay on very often.

The HTPC has an Intel i3-4330 Processor and an ECS H87H3-M3 (V1.0) motherboard with the OS drive installed on an SSD. I believe I put in 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I built it in January of this year.

The other PC has an Intel i5 760 and an Asus P7P55D-E LX motherboard with the OS drive installed on an SSD. It also has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 graphics card. It has 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

What other settings within Kodi could be doing this? Maybe I should try a fresh install? I'm so confused on what would be causing this on just one PC.
Try turning off hardware acceleration in kodi on your problem machine, under Settings>Video>Acceleration. You might need to set the 'settings level' to advanced in the lower left corner to see the option.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-23, 07:14)krustyreturns Wrote: Try turning off hardware acceleration in kodi on your problem machine, under Settings>Video>Acceleration. You might need to set the 'settings level' to advanced in the lower left corner to see the option.

It looks like this was it!!! Tested both videos and no flickering! Going to keep trying live TV tonight, thank you so much for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Converting to XBMC from WMC0