What's your work around
for those of you with an Xbox one or other in supported Kodi device what is your work around? I really hate he idea of needing a second streaming box just to access Kodi but I guess there's no other option right now. I currently have my dish hopper set up to pass through the xbone which works great. I really wish I could have both the hopper and my fire tv or an Apple TV hooked up to pass through as well. I really want (as I'm sure lots of others) a one source device where I can access everything from the xbone. I'm sooooo close. Just missing Kodi.
This is the purpose of an AV receiver.
Thanks I understand that. I have a receiver hooked up, but my goal is one box for TV and all streaming including Kodi without switching devices or inputs. I understand that's not a possibility as of yet. I just want an idea of how others are doing it in case I'm missing out on something great. It sucks having the xbone which does it all but Kodi. I'm still forced to have a second device that does 99% of what the xbone does.
A Kodi HTPC, Steam Big Picture, an Xbox 360 wireless controller. That's it. One box to rule them all.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-12-23, 18:24)ashlar Wrote: A Kodi HTPC, Steam Big Picture, an Xbox 360 wireless controller. That's it. One box to rule them all.

Minor correction; You need four Xbox 360 controllers. Ya know, for when friends come over! Smile

But yeah, this is totally my solution. It Kodi for all my media entertainment and it runs Steam for all my gaming. It's one machine and it does everything I need.
HDMI switch will solve your problems
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-12-23, 17:07)natethomas Wrote: This is the purpose of an AV receiver.
This.

I'm lost as to why the OP would need a Fire TV, Cable Box, and AppleTV to pass through?
Doesn't Kodi cover all of those aspects of what those 3 devices do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's your work around0