Linux No Volume control in kodi 14 helix
Image No volume control no volume amplification are available.
Debug Log and please post a screenshot from your audio settings. Be aware, that volune can't be controlled while you are in passthrough mode
(2014-12-23, 20:54)David1977 Wrote: Debug Log and please post a screenshot from your audio settings. Be aware, that volune can't be controlled while you are in passthrough mode
My sound card doen't support multichannel sound.But i remember that in Gotham i could change volume.
Still no logfile and no screenshot...provide that first
(2014-12-23, 21:52)David1977 Wrote: Still no logfile and no screenshot...provide that first
What log do you mean?
If you clicked the link above I bet you will find it yourself Wink

And I want the screenshot from your kodi audio settings. The first screenshot is from the osd menu I suppose...there is another one in system settings. Btw...in the first screenshot "passthrough" is set to enabled
(2014-12-23, 22:37)David1977 Wrote: If you clicked the link above I bet you will find it yourself Wink

And I want the screenshot from your kodi audio settings. The first screenshot is from the osd menu I suppose...there is another one in system settings. Btw...in the first screenshot "passthrough" is set to enabled
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=379616 my logs
Ok...i can reproduce and its like I said...on your first screenshot there is passthrough activated. If you have activated this you cant adjust the volume anymore, because Kodi doesnt touch the signal anymore. Thats not an issue...its normal behaviour of what passthrough does. So you have to adjust the volume on your amp which you are using.

So either disable passthrough or adjust the volume on your amp. If your card doesnt support multichannel, the choice is easy Wink

And i would change the settings level to expert. That will give you more options. Yours is set to standard. Look at the left bottom of your last screenshot.

Is this a laptop you are using? If yes and if you use headphones, i wouldn't set your audio to 5.1. You have only two speakers, if I understand correctly. So set your number of channels to 2.0 and disable passthrough. Normally you should be fine with that.

Maybe you post a new screenshot with the settingslevel set to advanced. But I can't see any digital output device like hdmi or S/PDIF. So no need for 5.1. Or are you using an dedicated soundcard which I missed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Volume control in kodi 14 helix0