Missing video files
I am running two versions of XBMC, both are Gotham. One on win 7 and the other on PI b+. Both pull from drives that are on the same network. Separate rooms.
On the PI I am having problems with movies not showing up in the library. The movies that are missing from the library are visible in videos-files view, but the video file is not seen inside the folder. So i cant even play it from there. This problem is only on the PI that is running RASPMC. I had the same problem with openelec on the PI. The windows setup works and scrapes flawlessly. I have deleted and renamed everything twice for good measure and moved files from drive to drive and nothing changes. Same files missing of all kinds, .MKV, .AVI, .MP4.
I scrape the same files with the windows XBMC and everything shows perfect. Im not above going and getting a NUC and putting windows on it, but im more interested in finding out why this happens with RASPMC and openelec on the PI.
I am not completely new to XBMC but I am at a complete loss as to what to try next.
Thank You in advance.
Please post a debug log (wiki) after running a library update.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I had a similar problem in a setup:
- Pi-B running RaspBMC
- XBMC 13.2
- Using the Amber skin
- Files on a Synology DS-212j NAS
- Wired LAN

What happened is that files in the NAS disappeared from view in XBMC for no reason.

After I finally described the problem here I got a solution:
It turned out that there is a setting (for each folder?) in XBMC, which is accessible by hitting left when in the file list where you can set a config:
"Show viewed files" or similar
This was set to OFF which meant that all files thta had been viewed disappeared from the XBMC listing while they remained visible in any other way, like ls in a command shell.
After I set it to ON all went back to normal.

Could it be thta you have already viewed these files?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=381493

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing video files0