• 5(current)
Helix and Metropolis
Hello and Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for making Metropolis available for Helix, much appreciated as this skin has been my favorite for a while.

Few items for your consideration/fix (either jingai or MacGyver, I can test on both the repo version or MacGyver's GIT version):

1. When customizing a menu item, I have not been able to figure out how to move up or down, or disable an item. I see the buttons for this, but I do not know how to activate them with the keyboard, and pressing them with the mouse does nothing.

2. I have added a movie smart playlist widget for the two menu items that I added (both are video playlist), but the widgets do not show up in the menu. Is this not working at this time?

3. I only use the gallery view for movies and movie smart playlists. Would it be possible for the button that shows "CC" to indicate that there are subtitles to actually show the first audio language and first subtitle language? I think the button could be made slightly large to accomodate the flags, and I know that Phil65's skin.info.service script can provide that info for Helix.

4. Could you consider adding a button or menu option to run Artwork Downloader in Auto mode for movies and TV shows, in the info dialog? That way I could search and download for all missing artwork without going through each type of artwork.

Thank you very much for looking into these.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-01-02, 01:09)jingai Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 15:54)javiermon Wrote: Thanks for the 3.0.0 release! Currently the best skin for kodi. One thing, I've noticed, when playing music, the OSD info is a bit redundant.
Oh, I see, it's only when the music is paused.

May I suggest dropping the top bar all together and instead putting an overlay of the paused simbol (the two vertical bars) on top of the album/poster of the item being played. That would work for both MUSIC and VIDEO and would look more lean. It's how Bello does it:
(2015-01-04, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote: 1. When customizing a menu item, I have not been able to figure out how to move up or down, or disable an item. I see the buttons for this, but I do not know how to activate them with the keyboard, and pressing them with the mouse does nothing.

2. I have added a movie smart playlist widget for the two menu items that I added (both are video playlist), but the widgets do not show up in the menu. Is this not working at this time?

Those sound like things related to my personal version, and probably shouldn't be in this official Metropolis thread. PM me, and I'll respond as I can.

Since you already asked:
1) using the keyboard (or a remote), press to the left until one of the 3 menu item icons is highlighted (up, down, delete), then use the up or down arrows to select the menu item you want to change, highlight the up arrow and press enter/select to move that menu item up, the same with the down arrow, or the delete icon. Then press to the right when done, and highlight ok, and press enter/select. Esc back to the main menu, it will rebuild.
2) the widget selections were placeholders before, but I finished them today (in my fork of the official, and my personal Git). You will have all the original Metropolis widgets available and they can be assigned to any menu you want or disabled. (Recent, Recommended, Random for Movies, TV, Music, MusicVideos, and HomeForecast for weather.

[attachment=361]

Next time just PM me.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Great skin! One problem, clicking the seekbar doesn't jump ahead.
Thanks for the great work,
Marc
The mouse is not supported in Metropolis.
(2015-01-05, 00:02)MacGyver Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote: 1. When customizing a menu item, I have not been able to figure out how to move up or down, or disable an item. I see the buttons for this, but I do not know how to activate them with the keyboard, and pressing them with the mouse does nothing.

Those sound like things related to my personal version, and probably shouldn't be in this official Metropolis thread. PM me, and I'll respond as I can.

Since you already asked:
1) using the keyboard (or a remote), press to the left until one of the 3 menu item icons is highlighted (up, down, delete), then use the up or down arrows to select the menu item you want to change, highlight the up arrow and press enter/select to move that menu item up, the same with the down arrow, or the delete icon. Then press to the right when done, and highlight ok, and press enter/select. Esc back to the main menu, it will rebuild.
2) the widget selections were placeholders before, but I finished them today (in my fork of the official, and my personal Git). You will have all the original Metropolis widgets available and they can be assigned to any menu you want or disabled. (Recent, Recommended, Random for Movies, TV, Music, MusicVideos, and HomeForecast for weather.

Next time just PM me.

Thanks a lot! I will PM you next time. Have you considered a separate thread for your personal version?
The best skin for Kodi except this: It doesn't display chapter names. It makes watching concert blu-rays a bit cumbersome.

Example:

As you can see the skin shows redundant information on two lines here as well (i've tagged the concerts with both a full name, artist name and album name).
@vidarak, just to verify, what does the same screen look like in Confluence?
Great work guys!

Two questions..
1) How did you get genre color coding to appear in the EPG?
2) Is there a plan to bring MacGyver's Menu customizations in? Or, does his version include PVR support?
There are plans to bring the Home screen customizations in. Just give me some time.
Hello and thanks jingai for a great skin
I took the liberty of adding "Time remaining:" in pause mode to the right of the currently playing title.

Here is the code I added at line 30 of "DialogSeekBar.xml"

Code:
<!--
Time remaining bottom right
-->
<control type="label">
    <description>Video Remaining Time</description>
    <posx>1255</posx>
    <posy>580</posy>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>40</height>
<font>METF_OSDTime</font>
    <textcolor>OSDPlayingDuration</textcolor>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <align>right</align>
    <label>Remaining: $INFO[Player.TimeRemaining]</label>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>font-36</font>
</control>
<!--
Current Time bottom right
-->

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
@jingai

Both confluence and transparency show the chapter names. So does Aeon MQ on Gotham which is where I come from. I really liked Aeon MQ. I think it even showed chapter markers in the time slider? (or do I remember wrong... don't want to downgrade to try :-))

Here's confluence:

Here's transparency:
My interpretation.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but the "Video settings"
and "Audio settings" pop-ups during video playback are both without names/titles.
Pictures are worth a thousand words. If at all possible a simple jpg made even with paint.exe makes everything clearer.

FYI: Pressing "REC" (the solid circle) on a universal remote will cause Kodi to take a snapshot. Use the "printscreen/prt sc" key or Ctrl+s if using a keyboard. The destination folder can be set under settings-pictures (I think).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix and Metropolis0