Kodibuntu Problems
Loaded up (kodibuntu 64 helix) on my new Amd Am1 machine but couldnt get it to install on my tv black screen when connected to my 60 inch gt30 panasonic, ended up having to use a regular monitor . Ive tried all day different options but i cannot get kodibuntu to display on my 60 inch with kodi or desktop mode, then i proceeded to my 42 inch tv and works fine , one thing i noticed right away is that kodibuntu is rather laggy and freezing when trying to exit desktop, i thought it was the AM1 system so i loaded kodibuntu onto my amd a10 7800 system and same thing slow laggy freezing at times and unable to display on larger TV. On gotham my machines were a lot snappier and no display issues with larger screen TVs , for now i will jump back to Gotham until Kodi gets more time.
One thing i did see upon searching on the internet is something to do with setting boot parameters before install in regular ubuntu , was trying to look for similar settings in kodibuntu , im sure they are there or there is something to help with the black screen any feedback help on this issue would be great. Thank you everyone
Your gpu driver problem is in no way "Gotham" or "Helix" related, but rather some driver problems you are having. And as xbmcbuntu and kodibuntu use the same base (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS) I am quite curious. Provide proper logfiles, like (Debug Log) and dmesg | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I cannot get the system to run on large screen only on VGA monitor or smaller TV. what would be the best way to create a log file if I can't run the system when having the problem on the large screen TV ?
I've upgraded two of my systems to kodi and they do not work on my large display TVs. I understand this is related to GPU as you have stated . is there any way to go back to 13.2 Gotham . no offense in my opinion for me Gotham was better in my case and on my systems not saying for everyone but in my case . I know kodi is good which I use it on my windows platform with out any issues but for my htpc boxes throughout my house , they are not compatible with kodibuntu
So far, I've been using Xbmcbuntu 13 without problems with my HP microserver N40L (ATI5450) connected via HDMI to a Panasonic VT50, but yesterday I rebooted the HTPC and only got xbmc logo, then the screen stayed black. Today I decided to install Kodibuntu.
The result was the same. Each time I boot with the pendrive, after the KODI logo appear for a few seconds to load, the screen goes black and I can not continue with the installation.
I tested with an ACER monitor with sound and HDMI and works perfectly. I have completed the installation successfully.
If I connect back to the Panasonic, the result is failure again.
I tried with the last distribution of OpenELEC (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.97.3) in "live" mode and the result was satisfactory. OpenELEC-KODI recognizes my TV, my ATI graphics card, and I have hardware acceleration.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you and my apologies for the bad English.

my /var/log/Xorg.0.log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9625481/
DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit freezes
Well I've been messing around with this for the last two days and today I actually got somewhere sort of. if you install the catalyst package from AMD the large one with zip file I was able to get video to my TV but the underscan was so bad I just started over I'm looking for a stable package . because the catalyst package I installed was beta with no scaling options . so later on today I will try a stable release .also once the AMD catalyst driver was installed the lag was gone and when exiting the system no more lag . I hope someone creates a wiki on how to install the catalyst drivers for kodibuntu and the right drivers . there are many out there but all different wonder can we get one just for kodibuntu. Currently my AMD systems don't work with kodibuntu all the way on large TVs only on my desktop monitor . if anyone has a stable AMD catalyst package please share . thank you
We don't support amd fglrx at all, as it's a huge nightmare on linux, especially when doing video decode.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hm, I have same problems!
I was runing Openelec on my desktop system and decided to upgrade to kodibuntu because I need the desktop.
Nor live nor installer had picture on my 42" panasonic plasma (ati graphics).
Hooked up a monitor with vga cable, installed, got error there is no gpu acceleration.
Googled around, tried to install ati drivers and installed them - in the process nvidia was uninstalled and kodi now works but I still cannot get tv to work over HDMI cable, no output.
If amd fglrx is not supported, what is the alternative? What can I install to get some options related to my ATI graphics card? I am total linux noob.
To be honest I was expecting far more simpler instalation, I lost a couple of hours so far and I'm thinking to reverting to Openelec where everything works out of the box.
Hi, akiaki.
It may be better to return to the ATI and try this: forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212722
I had to do the installation with a VGA monitor and connect by ssh later.
Thanks againt to fritsch!
Thanks! Will try that when I get home and let you know..
Works perfectly now! Thanks for the tip!
Now I have problems with suspending, disks spin off, video is off, it looks like computer powers down, but as I have led lights attached directly to power supply I see that they are still on and the LED on the case should be blinking but it's on and the system cant wake up, only on hard reset.
Could someone point me to where some logs are so I can look at them, maybe I can pinpoint what is going on. I tried suspending from terminal, same result. Hibernation same result..
Power off works fine..
If you want to avoid a very long path of pain ... don't suspend at all, really - suspend on non laptops is still pure luck nowadays, especially with AMD hardware.
Well I pinpointed the problem actually, its my dvb-t stick and I read someone had solved the problem so I'm gonna look at it but when I unplug it, sleep works fine!
Then try to unload its module perior to suspend. And then of course stop vdr / tvheadend prior to unloading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu Problems0