Refresh info doesn't work for some reason\films can't be added
Guys, could you please help me out.

I exported my library (separately) before reinstalling win8 and now I have a problem importing it back.

When I select "import video library" and try to export it, it doesn't work. Nothing happens at all. For instance, I select 'WEB-DL" folder (it contains films in sub-folders, xml +nfo files are in these sub folders) and then press OK but nothing happens.

So I tried adding video source folders and answering "yes" to "do you want to refresh info for all items within this path" . However, kodi doesn't refresh info at all.(I'm using universal movie scrapper, but I did try tmdb) so now I do have WEb-DL folder in sources however there are no movies displayed. None. IF I go to a source folder and press "I" kodi displays info about this movie and "adds" it to the library. Well, I can't possibly do this for all 1500+ movies I have in my source folders

How can i force kodi to rescan video source folders so that it can pick up all the info from NFo\xml files and display all the movies in a library\ or force it to refresh nfo from the internet

TIA
What Kodi version? By any chance, are you adding multiple folders to the same source? If so, go to the Wiki, here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Scroll down almost to the bottom, where it's talking about adding multiple folders. See this note: Future Helix feature: This feature might be dropped in the future version, v14 Helix

The Wiki really needs to be updated, and if this note is accurate (it seems so for me) and the "Add" function no longer works properly, then that button really should be removed!
Kodi 14.0 "Helix"

Quote:are you adding multiple folders to the same source
No

I was doing absolutely the same thing I used to when I had xbmc and it worked just fine back then

I have a main folder WEB-DL. It contains sub-folders named after films.

So I select WEB-DL folder as a source -> universal scrapper(movies are in separate folders that match a movie title+contains a single file) -> OK->do you want to refresh info for all items within the path?->Yes.

And kodi 1) doesn't refresh info at all. 2) doesn't create a library as in films displayed in "Movies". They appear there only when I go to source folder and press I

I'm using it in portable mode.

PS However if I select scan recursively it works.. but I didn't have to do it back then.. strange..

Ah..nevermind... Indeed, I have to use scan recursively and not "contains a single file" lol
Yes, 'scan recursively' is also a detail that has changed with Kodi/Helix, and should be documented. I'll be glad when the Wiki is updated. Smile Glad you got it working.
(2014-12-26, 20:12)pagali Wrote: Yes, 'scan recursively' is also a detail that has changed with Kodi/Helix, and should be documented. I'll be glad when the Wiki is updated. Smile Glad you got it working.

It did NOT change at all
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
^It is fixed in the final release, but there was definitely a problem with 1 or 2 of the release candidates. Perhaps Helix is just stricter about it. I wish I could find the thread where it was discussed...

Thank you for Helix, anyway, devs! Smile
Thanx everyoneWink I think the thread can be closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh info doesn't work for some reason\films can't be added0