Req 2D side by side skin for VR viewing
As the title says, a 2D side by side skin to use with VR glasses/goggles I believe would be a huge hit!

I have been able to view kodi in this manner by changing and adjusting kodi to run in 3D side by side on my note 4 but the UI is still squished and the video pixel ratio needs to be adjusted to compensate for this as well.

If there was a skin designed specifically for VR's I think kodi could become the "must have" media center for Oculus Rift, Gear VR and all the other VR enthusiasts out there.
Who the hell would want to watch videos with something strapped to their head? Huh
Simply put,
me and only me I guess now that you put it that way.

My wife would love it if I didn't light up the bedroom at night so maybe she would love the idea as well.
That makes two people in the whole wide world who like the idea..

hmm...

If kodi doesn't do it first some other media center will. Then what?

Why has Samsung developed their own cinema software for movie watching for Gear VR or Why are there so many video glasses already on the market today
designed specifically for personal video enjoyment IF NOBODY wants to experience big screen cinema in the privacy of their own heads?

Who??

Hitcher, come on dude..you've been around a long time. All I suggested was a skin not a complete redevelopment of kodi.

-- one simple VR compatible skin would take care of all recent and future VR headsets on all platforms in one swipe. --

Is it truly only me who can see the immensive potential of such a skin?
I just don't get it myself but anyway this would be easier for Kodi to handle (probably by using some of the 3D code) than for skins as every window/dialog would need to be rewritten, and even then I don't think it's actually possible to skin.
You may be right there that the answer lies in kodi. A way to build and save personal settings profiles would be a very nice feature indeed. I've tried to do that but I am unable to get it to work. Not on the Android platform anyway.
I 100% agree with this idea. Myself and many of my friends would use this feature. Even without using a vr headset (which is what i mostly use) having a side by side 2D or even better a 3D gui menu library would be awesome. The main concern in using kodi with vr. Having to take out the phone. Pick your movie than putting the phone back in. It would also be great if kodi put a vr controlls (look and click) feature in.Big Grin
With the launch of the S7 and all these free VR headsets in the world, I think this would be an excellent step forward
3D support for skins has been added last year.

case closed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2D side by side skin for VR viewing0