Wolfson external soundcard Kodi 14.0 Helix
Hi, before I upgrade to Kodi 14.0 Helix, I was using my wolfson external soundcard with not so many trouble.

To install it I follow this 'how-to' http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1649244

So install :
- new precompile kernel
- init script
- lib

Configure xbmc :
- have to use dvd-player as default video player add to advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<video>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
<defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>

It was working quite well, my only trouble was that I must use alsamixer to ajust volume level not to high (but it dont resolv all volume trouble).

Since I upgrade to kodi 14 Helix, my sound card is still recognise, in fact I think the upgrade don't change anything in the 'raspbmc (raspbian)' systeme (not sure).

But now when I configure my external sound card, the video are very slow and laggy !
- I can't anymore select with the menu "play with dvdplayer"
- I notice that a part of my advancedsettings.xml was comment :
Code:
<!-- <video> -->
<!-- <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer> -->
<!-- <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer> -->
<!-- </video> -->

On IRC #raspbmc someone say me that : "it seems that function in advanced settings is now obselete"

I try to change the video acceleration from kodi interface in settings>system>video>acceleration :
Enable mmal, Enable omx : video very slow and lagy
Enable mmal, Disable omx : no amelioration
Disable mmal, Enable omx : nothing playing

Also when I go to soundcard settings, I notice that the sound go out a little second from the sound card, but seems in High freqences ! Then it stop.

I'm looking for a way to enable sound output from my wolfson card and a better volume ajustement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wolfson external soundcard Kodi 14.0 Helix0