OS X Kodi keeps crashing after installing latest version
Strange but there is still no Kodi folder in Library/Application Support
Did you find a XBMC folder in your Application Support folder ?

Also confirming your actually dragging the Kodi.app into the Applications folder to install it ?

No, still no XMBC folder.
Im still believe your in the wrong folder, there should definitely be a XBMC folder if you installed and started XBMC successfully.

How are you installing your Apps ?

OSX Finder > Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/

Copy and paste this exactly into Finder, including the squiggle at the start:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/

Ok, that does the trick. Find a XMBC folder and a Kodi folder. And now?
Rename the XBMC folder to XBMC.backup and Kodi folder to Kodi.backup or drag both folders to the Desktop folder on the left hand side panel.
Then restart Kodi again.

Ok, Kodi starts normal, no chrashes but where are my add ons?
Yay!

One of those XBMC add-ons has been causing the crash problems.

If you have not emptied the Trash yet, open the Trash and drag the XBMC folder back into the Application Support Folder.
You can also right click the XBMC folder in the Trash sometimes and select "Put Back"

Exit Kodi. Delete the Kodi folder again from Application Support.

Now restart Kodi.app again and a migration process from the old XBMC will take place.
If Kodi crashes again, you know its a dodgy add-on causing issues.

Smile

Sorry, I delete my trash. So I guess I must start from scratch.
(2014-12-30, 14:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Delete the XBMC folder and Kodi folder and restart Kodi again.

Its usually a better idea to guide new users to rename/backup their configurations rather then delete things.

I hate to ask, but for the future readers (like myself) maybe change your post to:

Quote:Rename each folder to from
Kodi -> Kodi.backup or Kodi.vanilla
and
XBMC -> XBMC.backup
Just to be safe, some users have put a lot of time into their set ups but still dont know a lot of technical details.
Or "Don't Empty the trash", will change it to your suggestion just in case. Cheers.

I have a Nexus 7 2013 Lollipop. I reinstalled Kodi recently, reconfigured a lot of stuff, installed add-ons. Because I could not watch anything, movies, news, without some serious buffering, which I call stuttering, I followed a tutorial deleting Advanced Settings and enabling Easy Advanced Settings ( which process had no effect on buffering). Now Kodi crashes constantly. It has become useless. It won't stay up.
If I uninstall and reinstall, and the stuttering starts up again, what are my recourses? I am not adept or knowledgeable about this stuff. Please keep that in mind. If you do not have the patience, just ignore this post. I do not need attitudes.
Wrong forum - this is about running kodi on MacOSX.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Mine won't even get past the Kodi startup page before crashing. It started happening immediately after I upgraded to El Capitan.
My imac is circa 2009 with core2duo processor. I can only assume somehow there is something corrupted in the soup of things that this computer has in it.
Versions Eden and older will start and run, however they doesn't seem to be compatible with the hubwizard and the newer repository locations while running on this mac.
Luckily I have PC's Linux machines and Android boxes galore to work with in the meantime.
Just putting it out there
Cheers
KOHDTV
Yeah sadly that information doesn't give anything useful (debug log (wiki) crash report) - only that you most likely are using a some piracy addons - which in the end also results in no support even if you would provide the useful information. Have fun with your other working boxes.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps crashing after installing latest version0