• 90(current)
CCM for Helix
(2015-05-24, 23:37)ddzc Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 05:22)ddzc Wrote: ^ which video is the entry video? For me, when I load Kodi, I get 3 loadings, 1. the default kodi icon with the version (in my case 14.1), then I get a small Kodi icon and finally I get a larger spinning Kodi icon. I wouldn't mind killing two of them, seems overkill.

In Skin settings, is there any way to disable and hide Skin Reset from the menu?

Also, under General - Power button action, I got super excited when I saw the options to Hibernate or Turn off the machine, unfortunately neither work for me Sad Any way to get this fixed?

Thanks!

Anyone?

You can disable the kodi video in skin settings
No you can not hide a single item from the shut dwn menu
You don't mention what system you use, android, windows or what ever. But in android, if you're not rooted these options won't work.
(2015-02-17, 08:54)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 22:02)wpbpete Wrote: Anybody got Cinema Experience working yet?

Works for me, but I did have to turn off the "Enable Q Instructions" Also must be added to menu through CCM's add menu item - under movies is "Cinema Experience"

What does this mean? Under Skin settings? I see nothing related to these comments
(2015-05-26, 05:16)stevedawg85 Wrote:

Works for me, but I did have to turn off the "Enable Q Instructions" Also must be added to menu through CCM's add menu item - under movies is "Cinema Experience"

What does this mean? Under Skin settings? I see nothing related to these comments

Think its in the Cinema Experience settings
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Home Menu>Menu Item>Movies Menu>Add-on Cinema
Then you can set your submenus etc..

Btw..A lot of CE is broken for the most part. It works, but it's not very fluid. see thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...experience
(2015-05-26, 19:37)wpbpete Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 08:54)Mudislander Wrote: Works for me, but I did have to turn off the "Enable Q Instructions" Also must be added to menu through CCM's add menu item - under movies is "Cinema Experience"

Home Menu>Menu Item>Movies Menu>Add-on Cinema
Then you can set your submenus etc..

Btw..A lot of CE is broken for the most part. It works, but it's not very fluid. see thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...experience

Awesome, thanks!! I just need it to play trailers and it works as expected! No good if playing 2 movies, it seems like it triggers CE on the first movie/file played.
Mudislander, Are you finished updating this skin?
so here I am again....
is anyone out there willing to help me a bit? I'd like to tweak the skins but I don't know how the xml-files are interconnected nor which one is the first or which belongs to which screen.
I'd appreciate some help here...

(2015-05-07, 19:23)derwildemann Wrote: I wonder if anyone can help me here.
I have the Helix Confluence skin installed. There are quite some display choices but none that I'd like to have.

The skin "media Info" is the one that I'd like to edit. I don't care about the quality (720/1080) or the Dolby info, etc. that all appear as an icon. As such the xml behind the skin obviously analyzes my movie files and shows the result in an icon. However I'd like very much to change that. My movies have external subtitles (movie.en.srt, movie.pt.srt..) and I'd like to show this in that "media Info" but not as an Icon but as a field like the year or genre info.
I'd also prefer to have a thumb (movie poster) instead of the background image (like in "media Info 2). So in essence I'd like to have the poster of "media info 2" and some more info instead of the icons.

Anyone there who could tell me where to twist? Which xml-page is responsible for "media info" and how to get what I'd like to have. The xml would need to scan the movie folder for files with ".srt" extension.

This is what I intend to change:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk9zfmhl8gxgwr...o.jpg?dl=0

It should later look something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aru86r4e3gmsc0...d.jpg?dl=0
Here a small item to fix in music

Hi Mudislander,

Thanks for the great skin! And thanks to all who contributed as well.
I'm a long time HTPC/MediaPortal user but I have jumped ship now that Raspi2/KODI/TVH/Synology/HDHomerun has become the killer combo for me.
(But I have to admit I'm still a bit heart broken to say goodbye to the beauty of the StreamedMP skin and it's Anime3 plugin.)

Anyway.. I really like derwildemann's lay out suggestion:

This is a support request regarding "Widget Sets" in CCM. I am very interested in using a "Video Node" as a widget set, unfortunately I am not presented with this as a widget option. How can I get this to workHuh According to reading posts on other forums if I ......

Quote:Originally posted by JMH2002 on another forum
<Begin Quote>

It IS possible to have the live widgets for (preferred addon) in CCM Helix.

What you need to do is add your Main Menu item as a Video Node: Skin Settings > Home Menu > Menu Item > Videos Menu > Video-Nodes

Then Video Addons > (preferred addon) > Movies > Latest HD Movies (or another choice) > Enter Label (this is the Main Menu Label)

Now for the Main Menu item you will be able to choose a Widget called "Video Node".

This Widget will now display whatever you chose before, eg Latest HD Movies.
<End Quote>

Thanks JMH2002 for figuring this out and posting it for the community!

Mudislander, Thanks for all the great work you have done!

I'm running Kodi 14.2 with CCM installed on windows 7
That's my post from another thread (although I see you didn't credit me...). Anyway, you have misunderstood what i have written - you don't get presented with 'this as a widget option'.

You need to follow those instructions word by word. You need to add a main menu item as a video node, then the 'video node widget' is applied and works automatically.

Thereafter it does of course appear on the list of widgets available, but ONLY if you have pointed the main menu to a correct video node.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-06-04, 02:10)milosd024 Wrote: This is a support request regarding "Widget Sets" in CCM. I am very interested in using a "Video Node" as a widget set, unfortunately I am not presented with this as a widget option. How can I get this to workHuh According to reading posts on other forums if I ......

Quote:<Begin Quote>
It IS possible to have the live widgets for (preferred addon) in CCM Helix.

What you need to do is add your Main Menu item as a Video Node: Skin Settings > Home Menu > Menu Item > Videos Menu > Video-Nodes

Then Video Addons > (preferred addon) > Movies > Latest HD Movies (or another choice) > Enter Label (this is the Main Menu Label)

Now for the Main Menu item you will be able to choose a Widget called "Video Node".

This Widget will now display whatever you chose before, eg Latest HD Movies.
<End Quote>

Mudislander, Thanks for all the great work you have done!

I'm running Kodi 14.2 with CCM installed on windows 7

THIS IS THE BEST FEATURE EVER. IVE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND JUST ACCIDENTLY STUMBLE ACCROSS IT. THANK YOU Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2015-05-09, 20:36)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-05-09, 18:29)-BD- Wrote: Thanks so much for working on this mod.

Is there (or can we get) a view in the Movies section to sort Movies by Release Date? I want to see the newest released movies at the top. Currently I have it set to sort by Year descending but this takes all the movies in the same year and alphabetizes them per year. So if something was released today but started with an A it would be at the end of the 2015 section of the list.

You have an option available in Skin Settings Sub Menu Item to display recently added movies, won't that work for you? It displays the most recent files you have added to your library.

That actually doesn't help me. That just shows newly added movies. If I add a movie today from 1965 it will be at the top. I just want to be able to sort my movies by when they were released so I'm scrolling down from newest to older with no alphabetical ordering.
JMH2002 Thanks for posting this originally, I'm sorry i neglected to give you credit for the post before! I have updated to correct this oversight!

Now I believe I have followed your instructions exactly and I still cannot get my home menu to use a video node info to be displayed as widget. Please tell me what I am doing wrong because I am really excited to get this working. I have made a youtube video to show you exactly what I am doing.
https://youtu.be/LHcBYphBbyo

FYI the first 2 min are me resting skin defaults and restarting Kodi if you want to skip ahead.

Thanks
@milosd024

Just a check, you are using CCM for Helix V3.0.15? If you are check your addons folder and see if these exist:

script.favourites
service.skin.widgets
service.library.data.provider
script.randomandlastitems

These get installed when you install CCM so it will work correctly.

I did exactly as you did in the video and I got a video node as the widget selection for the "node" menu item that I created. Sumpin' is amiss...
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11