Moved to NAS now all content completely mixed up
I recently moved all my content from a USB drive to a NAS drive. I then installed KODI over Gotham and cleaned my libraries. I then added several new sources for movies, TV, pictures and music. I scanned the TV folders first after creating them. I then scanned the movie folder. I am missing just about all the cover art and fan art but that's another topic.

The problem is now when I choose a TV show or movie to watch I get some random show that plays. For example if I choose to watch a doctor who episode what actually plays is K19 somewhere in the middle. If I try to watch arrested development I get planes trains and automobiles. Some shows and movies just don't play at all.

I'm trying everything I can think of to fix this. Any suggestions?
First thing to look at is the way you have your folders named. Example of how I have my NAS Folders laid out. Movies (main Folder)/Movie Name Folder/ Movie name.avi, mkv... TV Show(main Folder)/TV Show name folder/Season 1 folder/ S01E01.avi, mkv... if you have all you media in this order, Have Kodi rescrape the media with appropriate scrapers. Once done clean your library to get rid of all things in the wrong place.
Well it turns out not to be Kodi issue but actually how the files were copied to the NAS. I can't explain what happened but trying to play the raw files with VLC I get the the same weird issue. Playing the first episode of arrested development puts me in the middle of fletch. This is from the raw file off the nas. Hen I tried to play the file from the USB drive plugged into the NAS and I get the same thing ! Moving the USB drive back the the old PC and it works perfectly.

So I guess I get to start copying files all over again. 4 days down the tubes.

By he way even the pictures and music files and crossed indexed. I started a movie and it began playing a music file. Crazy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved to NAS now all content completely mixed up0